*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
When is the day 1 patch being released today or was the 6Gb patch the day 1 patch?
If yesterdays was the day 1 then I am not going to hold out a lot of hope for this going forward as it appears they really don't have a clue what they are doing.
All the bumph about this being ahead of schedule and having multiple teams working on it almost looks like a too many cooks situation with no clear direction of what the game wants or needs to be.

I'm not totally sure what to make of this as a release currently as it is just a completely mixed bag of reasonably good to utterly shambolic.
Graphics for me are a step down from previous games with them masking it with dynamic weather events to add interest to some of the dullest maps I've ever seen.
Was playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 recently and the graphics on this are not a patch on that.

The step up to 128 players also doesn't add anything to the experience and probably doesn't contribute to performance especially server side for tracking of players etc.

Sound as pointed out is terrible with best in a Battlefield game being Bad Company 2 for me.

Performance for me is also all over the place on a 5900x processor and 3080 graphics card although I am playing at 4K.
Was previously playing Warzone at about 120fps smoothly so it is jarring to say the least.

I'm hoping they can turn this around but this is quite possibly the worst game release I have played and requires a ton of Mr Pledge to polish it up to the required AAA standard.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I love how you don't get enough rocket launcher rounds to even stop a tank.

So, on top of it literally taking a minute it feels to reload it doesn't actually do anything.

After the first few games I gave up trying to rocket launcher tanks and moved to trying to missile choppers. :cry: Yet to try and C5 tanks, often hard to get close enough.

Have had some success but the odds are stacked against a solo player, a squad of missile users should do it.

Man of Honour
You are not wrong - I don't understand the mentality of a lot of people - developers/publishers have little motivation to do better when people just accept it :(

I thought exactly that about Mrs Browns Boys..utter drivel yet it won award after award. I just never could understand the mentality of people who enjoyed it.

Its equally baffling to me that Cyberpunk 2077 has been nominated in the Best Roleplaying game 2021 awards. Cyberpunk !? Now there is a game which shouldnt be nominated in the Best of the Year in ANY category. Insane.

Permabanned
Its equally baffling to me that Cyberpunk 2077 has been nominated in the Best Roleplaying game 2021 awards. Cyberpunk !? Now there is a game which shouldnt be nominated in the Best of the Year in ANY category. Insane.

While there were some hilarious bugs and dodgyness it was actually a very good game. :p

cant disagree on Mrs Browns Boys though, so bad

Caporegime
After the first few games I gave up trying to rocket launcher tanks and moved to trying to missile choppers. :cry: Yet to try and C5 tanks, often hard to get close enough.

Have had some success but the odds are stacked against a solo player, a squad of missile users should do it.
It doesn’t help that Anti-Tank mines are a late unlock which gives ground vehicles free run across the map. And you can’t run AT mines and Repair tool or M5 and AT mines. Or Stinger and AT Mines.

There’s also no lock on Weapons for ground vehicles either. Not sure if they’ll introduce something in a later update but I’m not even sure the M5 will track targets painted by the Soflam.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Thought I’d launch the game in case there was a massive patch to download but no sign of anything as yet.

Sod’s law tonight when I load it up there’ll be a 50Gb download to complete first.

Soldato
There’s also no lock on Weapons for ground vehicles either. Not sure if they’ll introduce something in a later update but I’m not even sure the M5 will track targets painted by the Soflam.

I think it does, although I haven't unlocked the soflam yet. I'm hoping it's like BF3 where if you have a buddy who paints the target, the stinger or javelin does way more damage.

As it stands the standard shoulder mounted AA launcher is pretty useless, I find that out of the 3 rounds - only an average of 1 ever makes it to the target and does only minor damage. This is pretty annoying not only because it feels like a pea shooter, but because it feels like there are a lot more helicopters and planes than ever before, and they just tear everything up, it feels like a lost cause half of the time.

I'm currently level 45 and I'm really trying to enjoy this game, but it honestly feels like every part of it has problems.

I think one of the biggest problems for me is the lack of focus. In BF3 I could really ******* get into it, really focus and do really well. In this it feels like there are too many obstacles to getting into engaging moments of play, eg;
  • It feels like half the time - you either spawn in the middle of hell and get blown up by something in 1 second, OR you spawn in the middle of nowhere and have to spend 5 minutes running across the desert or something, to get to the action.
  • In BF3 I could be really aggressive and force my way onto the objectives in rush, in 2042 - it just feels like every time I make progress - a hovercraft hoovers me up or something, it feels like the experience is always being ruined by something I just can't control.
  • Everything is arse about face, in terms of damage output. the PP-29 is a joke, I can kill people from halfway across the map with it - yet the actual assault rifles seem to totally suck, they have weak damage and terrible accuracy. It just doesn't make any sense. The end result is that almost everybody is using the PP29 and nothing else.
  • Numerous times I've been hitting someone with the tank machinegun and it's registering hits - but it just isn't killing much, I get out of the tank and find the PP29 is more powerful :D
It just feels like they assigned a load of random values to all the weapons, in terms of damage output, handling and accuracy and didn't test or tweak any of it.

Soldato
OP
When is the day 1 patch being released today or was the 6Gb patch the day 1 patch?
If yesterdays was the day 1 then I am not going to hold out a lot of hope for this going forward as it appears they really don't have a clue what they are doing.
All the bumph about this being ahead of schedule and having multiple teams working on it almost looks like a too many cooks situation with no clear direction of what the game wants or needs to be.

I'm not totally sure what to make of this as a release currently as it is just a completely mixed bag of reasonably good to utterly shambolic.
Graphics for me are a step down from previous games with them masking it with dynamic weather events to add interest to some of the dullest maps I've ever seen.
Was playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 recently and the graphics on this are not a patch on that.

The step up to 128 players also doesn't add anything to the experience and probably doesn't contribute to performance especially server side for tracking of players etc.

Sound as pointed out is terrible with best in a Battlefield game being Bad Company 2 for me.

Performance for me is also all over the place on a 5900x processor and 3080 graphics card although I am playing at 4K.
Was previously playing Warzone at about 120fps smoothly so it is jarring to say the least.

I'm hoping they can turn this around but this is quite possibly the worst game release I have played and requires a ton of Mr Pledge to polish it up to the required AAA standard.
Yea the patch is messed up to the point me and my buddies jumping on Arma 3 instead

Soldato
Is the adding friends function totally broken in this game? Been trying for two days to add my friend who is on Xbox, I find him send the invite to add him to my EA friends list but he doesn't get any notification in game. He can't find me it doesn't show up, it's totally bugged. As it stands we can't play together or squad up, anyone else having the same problem? Super frustrating.

Man of Honour
Some real hatred in the steam reviews :cry:

LOL, the steam reviews should be amusing, once the Steam community is riled about something they will not let it go and will tear into something for months and months. Should be some very funny steam reviews over the coming days where people lose their rag and act like the game has abducted their first born child or stolen their inheritence money :D

Permabanned
But Best Roleplaying game nominee of 2021? In a year that had Pathfinder 2 and Solasta? Both PROPER rpgs and neither of which were even nominated !

Another thread I guess but......Pathfinder 2 was good but ultimately just a rehash of the last game and I got bored before the end, not played Solasta. Played through Cyberpunk 2.5 times, its more fun than Pathfinder 2. :p

Man of Honour
Another thread I guess but......Pathfinder 2 was good but ultimately just a rehash of the last game and I got bored before the end, not played Solasta. Played through Cyberpunk 2.5 times, its more fun than Pathfinder 2. :p

But not a better RPG. As an actual roleplaying game with flexibility of choices, freedom to play in a multitude of alignment styles and those choices affecting the gameworld and future events and having repercussions, Cyberpunk just isnt an RPG and so shouldnt be nominated as Best Roleplaying Game of the year, Pathfinder 2 and Solasta were both far better Roleplaying games. If anything, Cyberpunk should be nominated in Best Action or Best Adventure categories (though frankly I dont think it should be in those either, I mean consider whats being said, that it is one of the Top 5 games in its category this year, that there isnt 5 other games better than it in the category, across all the consoles and PC games , in the whole year...some weighty brown envelopes passing under someones desk imo), but as you say, thats a little OT and for another thread.

But its still nonsense to be nominated :D

Back
Top Bottom