Multi charger bedside thingy..

Associate
Does anybody have a multi charger bedside thingy stand doodah?

I’m awash with leads and chargers (the boss is too) so looking for a three in one type solution? Both have iPhone 13s and EarPods and I’ve got a watch 5 and the boss has an se.

i know there are loads about - just looking for some recommendations?

cheers!

Soldato
I got a 3-1, they’re great one cable set up. It’s about half the price of a mag safe one, seen as it’s going to be on charge over night I don’t require the faster charge.

So I bit the bullet and got the belkin 3-1 just normal wireless charging. I have a USB-C charger so if I need to charge a good bit before heading out i'll just use that but for charging over night it's perfect for me.

Cleans up the clutter on the bedside table as well. I'm thinking of drilling a hole through to hide the cable as well. Not sure though.

bFbFTBY.png

Associate
I'm a big fan of the Satechi 3 in 1 desktop dock. Been using it with my iPhone 11, Airpods Pro and Apple Watch SE for a couple of years now, absolutely brilliant bit of kit. It does have quite a bright LED on the top of it, bit of electrical tape masks it nicely.

One of the things to watch out is some of the 3-in-1 docks don't come with a USB-C wall plug and are incredibly fussy about what works with them. Before I got the Satechi, I tried some and they wouldn't power all three, even with a GAN charger!
L8YYJaH.jpeg hVF8aGT.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
I know this is a revived thread, but the one thing I would add is - I tried a couple of no-brand chargers for this purpose, and they both made a high pitched whine when in use. Very quiet, but not suitable for by the bed.

Moved on to a Belkin product - despite the majorly higher cost - and no such issue with that.

Soldato
What’s the consensus for leaving things charging overnight nowadays? I read that it’s basically fine now with the newer battery tech, but I was talking about leaving my Apple Watch on a stand all night with a girl in the Apple Store and she was like “no don’t do that” :confused:

There’s so many conflicting opinions online..

Last edited:
Commissario
What’s the consensus for leaving things charging overnight nowadays? I read that it’s basically fine now with the newer battery tech, but I was talking about leaving my Apple Watch on a stand all night with a girl in the Apple Store and she was like “no don’t do that” :confused:

Do what you want. If you believe everything you read online, you'll never charge anything ever again. So much rubbish is spouted on every side. Yes, certain behaviour (and I'm not going to even attempt to suggest what behaviour) might make a slight difference to the life of your battery but it will be so tiny, it'll be negligible. Just charge your device when you want to for however long you want.

Soldato
I know this is a revived thread, but the one thing I would add is - I tried a couple of no-brand chargers for this purpose, and they both made a high pitched whine when in use. Very quiet, but not suitable for by the bed.

Moved on to a Belkin product - despite the majorly higher cost - and no such issue with that.

Get what you pay for. :)

I got a new one since this thread - portable anker one. It’s class.

8s1k7r4.jpg
Didn’t realise how disgusting the white one was until I uploaded the photo.

Delighted with it.

Regarding charging, just charge everything up before you go to sleep so it’s ready for the next day and if it happens to start to run a bit low during the day plug it in via faster charge. Just turn on the adaptive charging and it’ll be 100% 15-20 minutes before you usually pick it up.

The battery is a consumable product, it’s not going to last for ever and will eventually need to be replaced if you keep it for long enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate

99% of my charging has been on wireless overnight for my phone, Airpods and watch - not had a problem with it at all. The battery on my 11 has only just started to get to the point where a full day's usage will take it down to low battery, that's over 2 years since I bought it. Watch and airpods are in good shape as well.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
For sure, it’s not at all portable and that one stays where it is and I just have a second set of MagSafe chargers that are ready to go when travelling.. though I don’t get to travel as much as I used to

Soldato
Soldato
Any thoughts on what the difference is between these two Anker chargers? I only need 2-in-1 for phone and watch..

Anker Wireless Charging Station, PowerWave Sense 2-in-1 Stand
Anker Wireless Charging Station, 2 in 1 PowerWave+ Pad

Anything else recommended for a white 2-in-1 stand thingy? I don't actually need to charge my phone every day because I have GPS etc. turned off but my new Apple Watch looks like it'll need a boost every day so I thought I'd plump for an overnight charge on both.

The power wave sense is a newer/updated one. Coil looks bigger and temperature control is listed as a feature, but as it’s upright as well it’ll be easier to place the phone and get it to charge first time rather than moving it around on the Powerwave+.

The down side is for the later model you’ll be paying £15 more for it and you’ll need a >18W USB-A charger or a USB-C to USB-C and a USB-C charger.

Out of the two I’d go for the cheaper one, once you get use to the placement point for the pad it’ll be a breeze lining it up.

Soldato
The down side is for the later model you’ll be paying £15 more for it and you’ll need a >18W USB-A charger or a USB-C to USB-C and a USB-C charger.

Out of the two I’d go for the cheaper one, once you get use to the placement point for the pad it’ll be a breeze lining it up.
I presume they’ll both work fine with an iPhone 13? (Not listed)

The newer one might be better (safer?!) and my phone is a work phone so I’ve just dropped a request in for a new usb-c charger which will save me buying the charger adapter at least. Hmm. I’m actually hoping for someone to get one of these for my birthday so it’s whether or not they’ll plump for the more expensive one or not :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I presume they’ll both work fine with an iPhone 13? (Not listed)

The newer one might be better (safer?!) and my phone is a work phone so I’ve just dropped a request in for a new usb-c charger which will save me buying the charger adapter at least. Hmm. I’m actually hoping for someone to get one of these for my birthday so it’s whether or not they’ll plump for the more expensive one or not :D

Yeh, both will charge any Qi wireless phone. I’d imagine 13/14 isn’t listed as they weren’t out when they got released.

Soldato
Are there any better alternatives to the above, that charge iPhone and Apple Watch? Looking for something white and smart looking. Probably just ones that lay flat to be honest as I'd never look at either device at night time.

EDIT: Basically the MagSafe Duo Charger but not £129 :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom