Halo Infinite

Soldato
Really annoyed I can’t really enjoy BTB.
Arena 25ms ping
BTB 200ms ping

Suuuurely there is a big enough player pool here in Australia so that i can be matched against other BTB players???
(accents confirm i connect to US server)

Man of Honour
Just the lack of ranking up makes no sense, there's no feeling of progression. I'm enjoying it though so I'll crack on for now and see how it goes

You might already know but I wanted to highlight it in case people aren't aware. After widespread outcry they've made a temporary fix, taking away some of the more annoying challenges and adding a constantly available "Complete 1 game" achievement which rewards 50 XP.

Soldato
You might already know but I wanted to highlight it in case people aren't aware. After widespread outcry they've made a temporary fix, taking away some of the more annoying challenges and adding a constantly available "Complete 1 game" achievement which rewards 50 XP.

Yeah I noticed, doesn't get you anything though, not that I care about cosmetics but I did used to like the battlefield progression system for gun unlocks etc

I'm not too fussed though the gameplay is excellent and I'm really enjoying playing it, not touched Forza since Halo was released!

Associate
Never realised how crappy the ranking system was until after a certain game the other night. Played an absolute blinder (which isn't normal for me!) and ran the show. Game ended and thought braw, loads of XP from that one.

Get to the progression screen and the progress bar jumped from maybe just below half to three quarters between rank 1 and 2...

Game is brilliant, though!

Man of Honour
Never realised how crappy the ranking system was until after a certain game the other night. Played an absolute blinder (which isn't normal for me!) and ran the show. Game ended and thought braw, loads of XP from that one.

Get to the progression screen and the progress bar jumped from maybe just below half to three quarters between rank 1 and 2...

Game is brilliant, though!

Ranking is not XP.

You did well because the game put you against lower ranked opponents, meaning that your rank only increases a small amount if you win but would have dropped a lot if you lost as you were expected to with the game.

Associate
Ranking is not XP.

You did well because the game put you against lower ranked opponents, meaning that your rank only increases a small amount if you win but would have dropped a lot if you lost as you were expected to with the game.

What's the difference between ranking and XP? Rarely ever play FPS's online so all this stuff is lost on me now with battle passes and all that.

I've only played maybe 5 or 6 games so I'd be surprised if it's down to that. Even the games I've played I've been overall mid-table at best so I'd hedge my bets that I also fall into the 'lower ranked' category - it was just a one-off that I did that well.

Man of Honour
What's the difference between ranking and XP? Rarely ever play FPS's online so all this stuff is lost on me now with battle passes and all that.

I've only played maybe 5 or 6 games so I'd be surprised if it's down to that. Even the games I've played I've been overall mid-table at best so I'd hedge my bets that I also fall into the 'lower ranked' category - it was just a one-off that I did that well.

Your rank can go up or down depending on your performance, and determines the skill of your opponents in matchmaking.

XP only goes up and unlocks cosmetics for the kids to equip.

Until you play enough to get your rank (10 games) you will play a wide variety of opponents from easy wins to getting stomped. This is done to better determine your skill ranking.

Soldato
I'm a little rusty from my halo days. Switched to controller because of muscle memory. Switched the melee and crouch buttons around.

Played around with deadspace. Still trying to get the right balance.

Really enjoying it. Taking me back to halo 2 / 3 multiplayer days. Completed the "open" ranked placement. Platinum 3 not bad could be better. Need to get back into it. Don't recognise half the weapons compared to halo 3.

Soldato
I played my first game yesterday. I now see why people are complaining about how you earn XP. I had 8 captures and 10 kills and got 50xp for the match which was from a challenge :confused::cry:

Soldato
What's up with the xp? I had a storming round and only got 50xp at the end of it.

It's a pretty fun game but very simple compared to something like warzone. The margins are pretty low and that kinda makes it frustrating as well

Man of Honour
What's up with the xp? I had a storming round and only got 50xp at the end of it.

There's a bit of controversy going on about that. At the moment the XP is only awarded for completing challenges, not for performance in match. After the first couple of days the devs reacted to complaints by adding a "play one game" challenge, which nets you 50xp.

Ultimately, it only affects progress through the cosmetics in the battlepass. Part of me gets the frustration, but the other finds it hard to understand why people are expecting a free to play game to have same progression as a £40+ title. They should tweak it to make it more centered around performance than the challenges for sure, but I think it's unreasonable to expect to max out the progression while remaining casual.

Back
Top Bottom