Poll: Brazilian Grand Prix 2021, São Paulo - Race 19

Rate the 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Christians answer in the press conference just prior to announcement:
For a millisecond I almost reconsidered on his point about them racing hard and going in too deep. But then I remember it was clear as day that Lewis was easily going to make the apex had there not been a Red Bull in the way, and he had to make avoiding action from Max gliding out towards the run-off with little attempt to turn in :rolleyes:

It's going to be really tricky for Lewis to get past him now. Go on the inside, he'll turn into you... go on the outside and he'll run you off. Ridiculous.

Soldato
Not about tears but driving standards, they have now set a precedent that you can now push someone full off the track by not taking the corner yourself.

I'm just waiting now for someone else to try it the next race or 3 where they do give a penalty. It's the only thing that can make this decision more farcical.

The only consistent thing about the stewards is they're inconsistent.

Soldato
I feel mixed about this. On one hand I want the drivers to be able to race, however should a car be allowed to intentially not make the corner because they're driving a competitor off of the track? If it took Max to leave the track to defend the position then that isn't on in my book.

I don't think the penalty had to be too harsh, either 5 secs from that race (maybe too harsh as it would drop him a place) or a small grid penalty. A grid penalty would be unlikely to harm him too much but would show that he can't get away with driving how he did.

Caporegime
The stewards are implying that Masi is incompetent then.

Huh? Where are you getting that from?

Max is gonna do that way more often now he knows it's gucci. As will other drivers. F1 is continuing to be a farce and it's entirely the inconsistent stewarding that does it.

Max was doing it already, most of the time he gets away with it. In Silverstone it put him in the wall and the Stewards actually penalised Lewis for it; in Monza he took them both out. Other drivers get penalised or not apparently on the role of a dice. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone given a harsh penalty for some borderline incident this weekend as they inevitably over-correct.

Soldato
Huh? Where are you getting that from?

Max was doing it already, most of the time he gets away with it. In Silverstone it put him in the wall and the Stewards actually penalised Lewis for it; in Monza he took them both out. Other drivers get penalised or not apparently on the role of a dice. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone given a harsh penalty for some borderline incident this weekend as they inevitably over-correct.
Because he had all the information needed to make the correct decision.

Soldato
I feel mixed about this. On one hand I want the drivers to be able to race, however should a car be allowed to intentially not make the corner because they're driving a competitor off of the track? If it took Max to leave the track to defend the position then that isn't on in my book.

I don't think the penalty had to be too harsh, either 5 secs from that race (maybe too harsh as it would drop him a place) or a small grid penalty. A grid penalty would be unlikely to harm him too much but would show that he can't get away with driving how he did.

In an alternate world i'd have liked to have seen if Bottas wasn't 3s behind and was 6s behind if it would have been reviewed and penalty given.

But i think it's good it's not being taken away, post race driving penalties irk me so much.

Soldato
Because he had all the information needed to make the correct decision.
Masi doesn't make the decision, he refers to the stewards and they decide what to do with it.

He referred it, they decided it didn't warrant investigation and they've now doubled down on that decision that it doesn't warrant investigation.

Not sure what else is expected of Masi beyond referring it, as he did?

Soldato
FIA have backed themselves in a corner.

Either they let everyone do it and it becomes like F1 on a computer game.

Or they change their approach then a legal challenge comes in for not applying the rules in this race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom