• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Caporegime
but they want to do it so they can add all your details to their database for future world domination plans.

image.png

Caporegime
Asus won't do it this way, we always push for this, but they want to do it so they can add all your details to their database for future world domination plans.

yeah understandable. i know though that for eg if i knew i could get like 80 - 100 quid off without messing about trying to claim back id pull trigger instantly but the idea of waiting messing about trying to claim back just puts me off. im sure many are similar.

is there any idea on when mid range budget alder lake boards are coming out ?

OcUK Staff
yeah understandable. i know though that for eg if i knew i could get like 80 - 100 quid off without messing about trying to claim back id pull trigger instantly but the idea of waiting messing about trying to claim back just puts me off. im sure many are similar.

is there any idea on when mid range budget alder lake boards are coming out ?

It is why they do it, end of the day its a marketing exercise that makes some customers buy but the chances are quite a few will forget to claim, as such it is why the manufacturers love these style rebates as they get a sales boost and then a lot of customers forget to claim the rebate.

I don't agree with it, we would rather buy cheaper, to sell cheaper but that is not part of their plans.

Soldato
So I have a choice off 3 different coolers for my 12700k.
Dark rock pro 4
Be quiet silent loop 2 280 radiator
Artic cooler 2 360

Which would be your choice ?

Caporegime
The cashback made my Z690-A Strix D4 be £235 instead of £310, which tbh is about my limit for a motherboard price-wise (and it seemed and is a good quality one at that with a good amount of features). Some (Asus) motherboard prices now are woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, and NOT in a good way!!

Soldato
The cashback made my Z690-A Strix D4 be £235 instead of £310, which tbh is about my limit for a motherboard price-wise (and it seemed and is a good quality one at that with a good amount of features). Some (Asus) motherboard prices now are woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, and NOT in a good way!!

Another £25 if you review it with Asus rate my gear.

Associate
So I have a choice off 3 different coolers for my 12700k.
Dark rock pro 4
Be quiet silent loop 2 280 radiator
Artic cooler 2 360

Which would be your choice ?

Lets be fair a lot of us are guessing what works well as we haven't received our own kit to test. I went with a MSI 280 AIO as it had the 1700 lga support from the start. I don't know how it will fair up with my 12900k until i get it. Down the line it will be a custom loop.
Going on reviews a 280/360 setup there isnt much give. Personally i prefer the 140mm fan setup for the reduced noise. The Artic gets a lot of praise but you still have to order the mounting kit and maybe take part of the pump apart to fit the board you use. Still a fair bit of unknowns to be sorted it seems.
I think the Artic may win the choice from what you listed but i think the 280 aio might also be sufficient... Who knows unless there is proper tests performed at the minute.

Soldato
OP
BF2042 is heavily CPU bottlenecked.

Low core count chips get smashed, anything thats 6 cores run at 100% load, 8 cores CPUs at 80% load and so forth

Associate
Lets be fair a lot of us are guessing what works well as we haven't received our own kit to test. I went with a MSI 280 AIO as it had the 1700 lga support from the start. I don't know how it will fair up with my 12900k until i get it. Down the line it will be a custom loop.
Going on reviews a 280/360 setup there isnt much give. Personally i prefer the 140mm fan setup for the reduced noise. The Artic gets a lot of praise but you still have to order the mounting kit and maybe take part of the pump apart to fit the board you use. Still a fair bit of unknowns to be sorted it seems.
I think the Artic may win the choice from what you listed but i think the 280 aio might also be sufficient... Who knows unless there is proper tests performed at the minute.

Not sure what you mean by a fair bit of unknowns. The mounting kit take a few days to arrive which isn't a big deal and there is some mounting issues affecting a small number of motherboards, mainly Asus if I recall and this is fixed by removing a plastic cover from the pump and replacing it with a different part (or leaving it off).

Back
Top Bottom