*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
One week later and I'm still waiting for my cdkeys refund. I submitted the request as soon as I saw those first videos and reviews and within a couple of days of placing the order. Didn't use my game code but currently experiencing an annoying silence from their customer services.

Soldato
A lot of other game studios would have fixed these problems at 10000mph and listened to what people wanted, (ie; nerf the ******* hovercrafts)

But with it being EA, I just have a feeling that what we see now, is what we're getting.

I'm lvl 45 and I think I'm done with it, it's... just not a fun experience.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Oh dear..... I was looking forward to having a blast, but it seems like its going to be absolutely dreadful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4P_6g6vu_g

Looks like it's a massive step back.

Ooooffft. I was thinking about this, then reading reports it was promising if certain things were fixed on release but after seeing that video, hard pass for now. Maybe like BF4, they will fix it in close to a years time.

I can't believe it's in this state but if they can fix a lot of issues withhin 6 months then it won't be so bad but in current state, it looks a huge mess.

Soldato
Such a shame, I really thought they'd pull this one out the bag after BFV, they're just getting worse and worse. Actually starting to think there may never be another decent Battlefield game - I've been a fan from the very beginning and this is really dissapointing...

Caporegime
I’m still confused why or how games launch with so OP (or UP, underpowered) vehicles, weapons etc. Within a couple of games it was obvious the hovercraft had way too much armour and/or HP and the Miniguns were way too accurate. How they didn’t realise this during the hundreds if not thousands of hours of internal testing I don’t know.

V F

V F

Soldato
Funny thing is they have disabled some things, shield and sensor ball, yet for some reason the hovercraft isn't one of them.

Maybe the hovercraft coding is majorly game breaking in the programming. Try to fix it and it breaks so many other things.

Man of Honour
I’m still confused why or how games launch with so OP (or UP, underpowered) vehicles, weapons etc. Within a couple of games it was obvious the hovercraft had way too much armour and/or HP and the Miniguns were way too accurate. How they didn’t realise this during the hundreds if not thousands of hours of internal testing I don’t know.

It was probably the lead testers driving around in the hovercrafts and when the normal testers said that the hovercrafts were OP, the lead testers overruled them and said nah, they're fine, git gud, gg, ez and all those other things that fps players say as "banter" :D

Associate
My ten hours is up. I will come back to it when it is free on gamepass. Game is total junk. Walk for 10 minutes to a point only to get gut raped by a hovercraft.
I've still got a couple of hours left, going to check back in after the 3 patches have dropped. Always the optimist!

Soldato
Yeah theres an option in the settings. Quick Throw or Quick Grenade or something

Great thank you!

eta - from reddit

There is an option under mouse & keyboard -> on foot -> other called ‘Quick throw grenades’. Setting this to ‘on’ instead of (default) ‘off’ it will allow you to press your grenade button and instantly throw it!

Soldato
My ten hours is up. I will come back to it when it is free on gamepass. Game is total junk. Walk for 10 minutes to a point only to get gut raped by a hovercraft.

100% - played the 10 hour trial - forced myself last night to give it one last go..... uninstalled.

Just AWFUL.... from top to bottom. Everything about it is a mess.

Favourite moment last night was one guy in my squad with 245 assists....:p:p - Wish I'd managed to get a screenshot....

Back
Top Bottom