(not another ;D) ebay sided with the buyer - I'm the seller

Soldato
OP
Report it as stolen and get the IMEI blocked.
Yeah I was considering this but I was going to wait in the hope it might be sent back.... If I do get it blocked does it have to involve police /authorities? Can it be unblocked?

I also have the phone number of the buyer so might phone them and just request they return it

Soldato
Yep, hindsight!

I disagreed with the case, and when I raised a countercase my understanding was "it was under review" by ebay and it was on hold. Therefore I was waiting the eBay assessment before issuing return label.

Ive never previously had anything returned to me on eBay.

Keep calling them and ask to speak to the resolution team. It seems they use a bot that doesn’t read to automatically favour buyer or something.

A few times over the last couple of years have had to call them but eventually got sorted out. I had one where the seller said to refund me for a delivered to wrong address issue for a charger (Hermes confirmed this) he wrote this in the dispute page but seems no one read it and was closed in sellers favour. Had to call and was eventually sorted out. Seems to be getting worse

fez

fez

Caporegime
If it makes you feel any better eBay sided with a seller because I bought a bike off eBay and collected it after inspecting only to find out there were a number of issues with it when used properly. They didn't want to know because apparently I should have done a complete strip down of the bike and inspected every internal part before taking it away.

eBay just want an easy life and for most cases that is siding with the buyer. They don't always though.

I had the fun of being bounced between eBay and paypal as well.

Soldato
OP
Keep calling them and ask to speak to the resolution team. It seems they use a bot that doesn’t read to automatically favour buyer or something.

A few times over the last couple of years have had to call them but eventually got sorted out. I had one where the seller said to refund me for a delivered to wrong address issue for a charger (Hermes confirmed this) he wrote this in the dispute page but seems no one read it and was closed in sellers favour. Had to call and was eventually sorted out. Seems to be getting worse
OK that sounds promising. Do you know what phone number to call? It appears the "call" option has been removed for me

Soldato
After a buyer took apart the electronic drums I sold to them and they couldn't put back together (all documented in their emails), eBay sided with the seller and refunded them their money out of my account (whilst they still physically had the drums still too) so I ended up ringing eBay UK who agreed with the automated response and again sided with the buyer. It then took another phone call to eBay USA before I spoke to someone with more than two brain cells who agreed that a buyer taking apart something and breaking it wasn't the sellers fault and gave me the money back into my account.

Haven't sold on eBay since and never, ever will again.

Soldato
It's not paypal though, it's ebay

It's been a while but I recall it was only via PayPal that eBay took payments via direct debit.

They occasionally took the payment a good while after the buyer had received the item too. There were instances where people had already received the item before it was taken from the bank account (probably already debited PayPal) , and they would just cancel the direct debit without paying.

Soldato
OP
hmmm all, ebay still siding with the buyer on this one. How can I report the phone as lost? I've identified a case to actionfraud on it, will that take a while to come up on checkmend etc?

I'd report it as stolen but presumably most authorities would be under the understanding that it is a civil matter?

Soldato
I recently sold an item on Ebay. Buyer claimed not to have received the item that was shipped, special delivery, to the exact address given. He immediately opened a refund case with Ebay and demanded that I ship another of the same item (1/6 tank, limited edition, #48 of 999). Checked Post Office and they had a signed delivery notice featuring the buyers signature. He denied it was his signature and claimed to have no knowledge of delivery. I pointed out I had proof of postage and that we'd leave it up to Ebay to decide on it. Almost immediately I got a message back claiming it had been delivered to his neighbour by mistake.

Can't type for toffee
Don
I had similar. ... snip...

Well played mate! I tried this, including the speaking to someone "local" when they phoned me, got nowhere :( even after they admitted it was eBays fault and the return shouldn't have been requested!

Luckily I had prepared for this and the paypal acc used for eBay had no Bank Acc and no Cards tied to it, was only ever used for receiving payments for the items and then the money was "gifted" to another paypal acc. Sold the item buyer opened it (now no longer new) said there were bits missing (listing never stated the parts the buyer was saying were missing were included) eBay confirmed with me they shouldn't have been included and then asked the buyer to return anyway :confused: Despite accepting and confirming this wsa eBays error they refused to budge on the refund.

They put "my" paypal acc into nigh on 500 in debt, so I removed all personal details on Paypal and eBay as they still seem to share data.
Email acc deleted, they'll receive non deliverable emails

I've not heard a peep from them and dont intend to use eBay again utter shambles

Can't type for toffee
Don
I recently sold an item on Ebay. Buyer claimed not to have received the item that was shipped, special delivery, to the exact address given. He immediately opened a refund case with Ebay and demanded that I ship another of the same item (1/6 tank, limited edition, #48 of 999). Checked Post Office and they had a signed delivery notice featuring the buyers signature. He denied it was his signature and claimed to have no knowledge of delivery. I pointed out I had proof of postage and that we'd leave it up to Ebay to decide on it. Almost immediately I got a message back claiming it had been delivered to his neighbour by mistake.

RMSD isnt what t's cracekd up to be mate

There's a chap on MM here sold some RAM, RM said delivered by RMSD, buyer never received it.
Pod had been signed for by the postie and there was no proof anywhere that the item had been delivered other than the postie's say so

Chap didn't get a refund either :(

Soldato
Soldato
RMSD isnt what t's cracekd up to be mate

There's a chap on MM here sold some RAM, RM said delivered by RMSD, buyer never received it.
Pod had been signed for by the postie and there was no proof anywhere that the item had been delivered other than the postie's say so

Chap didn't get a refund either :(
RSMD they now save the GPS location exactly where the signature happened

Soldato
They should do like Amazon and need a password.
Had it with my PS5 and a few other high value items, they can't mark it as delivered without the password and it's only available to you.

Caporegime
The posties are signing for the items though, they could get to your door, deliver the post and sign for your expensive parcel and just walk away with it. GPS proves nothing.
I want to work for royal mail :D

I'd steal the packages people can't complain about ;);)

county lines couriers is royal mail these days :cry:

Back
Top Bottom