*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
100% - played the 10 hour trial - forced myself last night to give it one last go..... uninstalled.

Just AWFUL.... from top to bottom. Everything about it is a mess.

Favourite moment last night was one guy in my squad with 245 assists....:p:p - Wish I'd managed to get a screenshot....

Probably using the recon drone.

Associate
Truly awful game. Feels like I'm running around in mud and constantly getting insta killed. Not sure how they could ***k it up this much. Feels like its been programmed by teens that only play fortnite and COD.

Caporegime
Truly awful game. Feels like I'm running around in mud and constantly getting insta killed. Not sure how they could ***k it up this much. Feels like its been programmed by teens that only play fortnite and COD.

A lot of the former dice devs left the studio around the time mr "don't like it don't buy it" got the boot (Patrick Soderlund), ironically enough they embarked to "Embark Studios" which Soderlund set up. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if a lot of the devs on this thing never worked on a bf title before.

Soldato
I'd like to know what it's going to take in order for people to stop with the stupid pre-ordering of games and simply wait to buy or, in this case, not buy a game. Because you damn well know that even though this game is a complete ******* abortion the same idiots will be gleefully lining up to ***** money up the wall to pre-order the next instalment.

Soldato
I've played every BF game to date and so have most of the people I game with and have seen some crap shows over the years at launch but in time it does improve.

All depends on who you play with and if you have a good squad behind on and you tend to overlook some of the issues...

Caporegime
I've played every BF game to date and so have most of the people I game with and have seen some crap shows over the years at launch but in time it does improve.

All depends on who you play with and if you have a good squad behind on and you tend to overlook some of the issues...

You'd have to be Ray Charles to overlook the issues in this game. And while yes the games do generally get better with multiple gigabytes of patches, it doesn't take away from the fact that EA releasing broken games is getting to be pretty much standard for this series. Shelving the series for a few years to get rid of the stench surrounding their farsical releases might be the thing to do.

V F

V F

Soldato
A lot of the former dice devs left the studio around the time mr "don't like it don't buy it" got the boot (Patrick Soderlund), ironically enough they embarked to "Embark Studios" which Soderlund set up. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if a lot of the devs on this thing never worked on a bf title before.

Where did they end up? The same happened with Bioware with Anthem and the whole EA fiasco.

I'd like to know what it's going to take in order for people to stop with the stupid pre-ordering of games and simply wait to buy or, in this case, not buy a game. Because you damn well know that even though this game is a complete ******* abortion the same idiots will be gleefully lining up to ***** money up the wall to pre-order the next instalment.

Well, I never pre-ordered Battlefield since Battlefield 3 and 4. Passed on the last several games to this day because of the train wreck they turned into. I passed on Outriders, Cyberpunk, New World and now Battlefield 2042 all for the same outcomes. It's almost feeling every game coming out or that is mainly triple A is turning into a disaster.

I think the last game I had pre-ordered was The Last of Us 2. At least with that I never recalled running into endless bugs and glitches.

Caporegime

Nah, COD at least has hit boxes

key bindings is all over the place at the mo ... how do you control cameras?

Cameras? B or V? Can't remember

Caporegime

Backblast from stingers etc can kill people directly behind the launcher. Noticed this in the beta that people in my littlebird firing them were pushing the heli around when they fired. Thought it was a bug, apparently not.

Caporegime
I am quite sure I will get my moneys worth out of it, likely with hundreds of hours once they fix it. Until then I'm not too unhappy about it.

V F

V F

Soldato
I don't know what it is but the gear they're wearing has nothing like the military feel you had in 3 and 4. Looks like everyone is wearing jogging/lycra pants... Almost like the same character design/structure as Fortnite models.

Caporegime
Random spawn in the open, no cover anywhere, die from hovercraft.

Repeat 100 times.
Pretty much. The maps are big and therefore very open. Given the laser like mini guns and their apparent tank beating armour it's not a surprise. Hence why I'm unlikely to put more time in until they make some changes.

Back
Top Bottom