Does anyone remember Jacob Billing?

Soldato
Remembered for things such as building PCs on the carpet, ridiculed a lot at the time on the forum, he's come a long way, thousands of subs on the old YouTube, pretty impressive if I do say so myself!

Soldato
I don't get how his net worth is only $23000 , given the amount of subs and views it should be higher ?
I don't think a few hundred thousand subs actually gets you all that far in terms of youtube monetisation these days.

A quick Google suggests that could bring in as little as $1,000 a year (up to nearer $10,000).

I'd guess he's still at the level of it being a bit of pocket money, rather than a level he could live off or get rich from.

Edit - looking at his videos, most are only getting a few thousand views. To be making big money on youtube you need to be pulling in video views - it's no good having 300k subscriptions if that only translates to 2k or 3k views on most of your uploads.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been a subscriber for quite a while. Dip into one of his vids every now and then, very watchable. I loved the one he did with some remote miniature tank, and some pretty decent camera work on one reviewing an e-scooter. The guy oozes confidence even though we hammered him to bits at the time of his PC bids linked above :p

Soldato
Name seems familiar. Building on the carpet, not a major problem unless he was placing the mobo directly on the carpet? :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXGQ5Ia1JPA
Now his current use of Aerocool PSUs in a gaming rig, disgusting. Even worse his comment when someone queried his use of a 700 W PSU.
"built to support 30 series card"
Oh dear, lets hope the buyer never finds a 3xxx Series card. :<
Shame since his other selections were all reasonable. That £45 ish could have been spent on better or a tiny bit more for a much more respectable PSU.

Back
Top Bottom