*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
Well, as I've said many times in the thread its got issues, some minor, some major, but I'm still having fun. However, I can see from the way this thread is going that this thread is no longer the place for people of my opinion of the game and I'd just be speaking into the wind. So I'll exit the thread from here on in. For those who are having fun, I hope you continue to do so for as long as possible, for those who hate the game I hope you find a similar game that you enjoy. Ta-ta to everyone in the thread, remember, be happy and enjoy your gaming or find a way to at least, toodles, see you in the thread for the next big title !

Soldato
Good to see the shills finally speaking out about the **** show of this, laughable people trying to defend it too, give it another few weeks and soon we'll see the posts about how "the honeymoon period is over" ;) :p :D Nice to see rival xfactor calling out all the shills too :cry:

I reckon this is it for the BF franchise, at least for a good few years, wouldn't be surprised if EA let dice go and tbh, it will be for the best.

If I could be bothered I'd paste your exact same post from BFV and BF1 forums you've just posted here.

Caporegime
Well, as I've said many times in the thread its got issues, some minor, some major, but I'm still having fun. However, I can see from the way this thread is going that this thread is no longer the place for people of my opinion of the game and I'd just be speaking into the wind. So I'll exit the thread from here on in. For those who are having fun, I hope you continue to do so for as long as possible, for those who hate the game I hope you find a similar game that you enjoy. Ta-ta to everyone in the thread, remember, be happy and enjoy your gaming or find a way to at least, toodles, see you in the thread for the next big title !

Play the game for a couple of hours with the AK24 and then come back. The game is a complete mess. You are deluded to think otherwise. Sorry.

Caporegime
If I could be bothered I'd paste your exact same post from BFV and BF1 forums you've just posted here.

These YouTubers are almost as bad as the real media now as they are so scared to lose their connections they will praise anything. People like jackfrags and westie have just sold their soul. At least Levelcap keeps it a little more real.

Soldato

Correct it's turned into another reddit, I'm out as well, maybe we should create another thread with people that are partly enjoying the game to collaborate together. They'll soon get bored here echoing the same thoughts as each other.

Caporegime
He was playing with the shills earlier though..

People can play the game and still criticise it (seems like some in this thread/forum don't like negative things being said about BF though as the same happened in BF 5 and 1 thread when all the issues were pointed out), he hasn't said a single good thing about it nor done any promo videos unlike your usual dice/ea shill, jackfrags, although jack's latest video is amusing, especially the comments :cry:

Do quote them please as will be amusing to see :D

And if anything, after time, those posts of mine proved right in the end and no doubt the same will happen here too in time :D ;) In fact, pretty sure, the honeymoon period wore of quite quick for you with bf 5 :p

Associate
Correct it's turned into another reddit, I'm out as well, maybe we should create another thread with people that are partly enjoying the game to collaborate together. They'll soon get bored here echoing the same thoughts as each other.

What a bizarre position to take. People have spent their money, tried the product and some (most) don’t like it. It’s just a fact. No one wants to buy a bad product, but when they do and they aren’t happy with it, they talk about it. This is quite normal.

Soldato
I had an hour with it earlier. Initial impressions are not good!

The first thing I noticed was how bad the hit registration is. I am shooting people and they are just absorbing all the bullets.

Graphics looks OK when the storms start.

However performance also isn't great.

5600x + 3800 seems to struggle a little at 1440p with everything ultra and on. DLSS set to balanced.

Caporegime
downloading BF1 cannot remember BF V really. would love t play bf4 but not enough players

Bf 1 got relatively good after a year, casual as **** still but fun and felt like battlefield.

BF 5 awful, however, having played it a few months back there though, it definitely improved but sadly too little, too late, certainly more "battlefield" and fun than 2042 though.

Associate
People can't find middle ground anymore. Something is the best thing ever or it's the worst thing ever. No in-between.

Yes the game has huge problems, but it can still be fun. 6/10.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I think the game is fundamentally good - servers are lagging sometimes currently but when it works it works well. Add BF Portal and you can't really complain.

Associate
People can't find middle ground anymore. Something is the best thing ever or it's the worst thing ever. No in-between.

Yes the game has huge problems, but it can still be fun. 6/10.

It has huge problems. People don’t have the time to force themselves to enjoy a bad game. I certainly don’t. There are other things I can be doing with my time. Why would I do that? I would give up on a Netflix series if I wasn't enjoying it. Games or software are the only mass media product that can be released in a half finished, poor state and people still will find ways to force themselves to enjoy it. People are paying 50 to 100 quid for these things, but even so, even having paid 50 quid I’m not going to sink time into something that’s just bad. Maybe if I had the time or energy I could somehow find reasons to give it 6/10, but I don’t and I won’t. Not at this price and not with the supposed elite development team. I’ll just write this off as a 50quid loss. Other people are thinking exactly the same. It’s a game which is simply not worth *trying* to like. There are other games worth giving time and effort to let grow on you, but in my opinion this is not one. It’s soulless, dead.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Random spawn in the open, no cover anywhere, die from hovercraft.

Repeat 100 times.

Not sure how you're random spawning, you only spawn where you click

Sad times, I'll be hear moaning or praising :D

Play the game for a couple of hours with the AK24 and then come back. The game is a complete mess. You are deluded to think otherwise. Sorry.

Not really, the game is playable. I enjoy my session when I'm not getting killed from the other side of the map, but I can also see the issues when they happen.

Back
Top Bottom