What steam games can be played with on board graphics?

Associate
Got a few friends with laptops with no proper gpu, just some kind of integrated on board Gpu. What fun games can i/we/they get, single player for them, or multiplayer that I can play with them, that are worth getting? Thanks for the help.

Soldato
Bloons: Tower Defense 6 will run on a potato. Has online coop which can be great fun, and some seriously deep gameplay mechanics / balance (once you get past the colourful graphics).

Associate
OP
Thanks guys. SO... Id never looked into what games would run on a dedicated graphics card. Apparently, loads do, including modern titles. Wow! Had no idea onboard graphics could shift anything except a few windows desktop pixels. Thanks for the suggestions so far! :)

Associate
OP
Half life 2 should run and is amazing!
Ahh yes, course. I remember playing that donkeys years ago, loved it! Ill recommend it!
(I didnt know what to recommend, as I had no clue integrated onboard graphics would run anything in 3D)
Cheers for that!

Caporegime

Not unless you are running 640x480 or a AMD iGPU. A twitch shooter needs really high fps and stable too without 1% lows.

Depends what igpu and since OP hasn't stated I'm willing to bet they won't run many games at all. They should just buy a laptop with a GPU they haven't been in short supply.

Associate
Heres a list of my Steam games from when I was stuck with no GPU ~3year ago
I was using my trusty backup Radeon HD 6950 from 2011, which is faster than any iGPU, but these aren't too demanding games or settings can be tuned down low enough to play.

FTL
Banished
Freestyle 2 basketball
Alien Swarm
Kerbal Space?
Eufloria HD
Airport Madness 3D
Audiosurf
Global ATC Simulator
Flight Control HD
Osmos
Brawlhalla
Airline Tycoon Deluxe
The Longest Journey, Dreamfall
possibly World of Warships
maybe LoL and Dota 2

Soldato
Ahh yes, course. I remember playing that donkeys years ago, loved it! Ill recommend it!
(I didnt know what to recommend, as I had no clue integrated onboard graphics would run anything in 3D)
Cheers for that!
Not too difficult. I got Half Life 2 running on my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop (Win 98 laptop from 2001) It has integrated Geforce 2 Go and plays Half life 2, low detail and resolution but it does work. Just tried it again now, perfectly playable.

DuhCf8th.jpg.png

ilvhMImh.jpg.png

p30vssPh.jpg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom