**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Yeah I like chilling on a Sunday catching up and skipping all the guff between fights
PLus the ability to rewind things is esential... it happens so often that I blnik or look away for a second and something big happens and im sitting there like "wtffffffffffffffff" skipping back by 10 secs to see it again.

Don't get me wrong, I would always prefer to watch a big main event live, but a 3am GMT finish just leaves me dead the next day. I do love the Abu Dhabi fight nights because they start at a reasonable time! :)

Soldato
I didnt think much of the UFC Fight Night: Vieira vs. Tate event.

Including prelims, out of 11 fights 10 went to the decision.

Miesha Tate lost in the main event against Ketlen Vieira.

Joanne Wood lost in the only none decision result by rear-naked choke in the first round to Taila Santos.

Associate

Joanne Wood lost in the only none decision result by rear-naked choke in the first round to Taila Santos.

Not the best of cards, the Grant fight was a good one though even if the result wasn't.

Soldato
Yeah shame for Grant, I like him as a fellow North Easterner. One of the judges gave him all three rounds and he looked genuinely surprised at the full result. I didn't think he did enough to win it personally.

Caporegime

Not the best of cards, the Grant fight was a good one though even if the result wasn't.

Yeah shame for Grant, I like him as a fellow North Easterner. One of the judges gave him all three rounds and he looked genuinely surprised at the full result. I didn't think he did enough to win it personally.
Yeah it was pretty lame apart from Adrian Yanez vs Davey Grant which was an absolute stormer, although he didn't quite do enough to win.

The women's bouts were just awful. For example Viera, she is a strong and tall woman and she has no kicking game at all? Never pushes forward aggressively? Epic coaching fails.

Last edited:
Soldato
I feel like the quality on the women's side seems to have regressed somewhat, other than the belt holders and some of the top strawweight contenders that is. 145 is a joke with nobody in it. 135 you feel Amanda could just roll out of bed, turn up and KO everyone else then go back to bed. 125 is turning into 'feed the can to Valentina' and only strawweight you feel like there's a bit of depth and decent title fights.

Caporegime
I feel like the quality on the women's side seems to have regressed somewhat, other than the belt holders and some of the top strawweight contenders that is. 145 is a joke with nobody in it. 135 you feel Amanda could just roll out of bed, turn up and KO everyone else then go back to bed. 125 is turning into 'feed the can to Valentina' and only strawweight you feel like there's a bit of depth and decent title fights.
Yeah. I do understand that womens MMA is still a fledgling area, and proportionally in terms of numbers there are hardly any women that want to do it vs men, but even so its a little painful to watch sometimes. I'm looking forward to it improving over the next decade especially as people like Rose, Valentina and Zhang inspire more girls to start training!

Associate
Yeah. I do understand that womens MMA is still a fledgling area, and proportionally in terms of numbers there are hardly any women that want to do it vs men, but even so its a little painful to watch sometimes. I'm looking forward to it improving over the next decade especially as people like Rose, Valentina and Zhang inspire more girls to start training!

Women's MMA has come a long way, there were only a handful that had a rounded skill set at the start and most of em hit like Modafferi !

Soldato
Boxing vs MMA fight event.

Triller Fight Club Triad Combat
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...-club-triad-combat-pre-fight-press-conference

On Saturday, Triller returns to combat sports action for Triad Combat, a boxing-focused combat sport with unique rules.

The event pits teams of MMA fighters against boxers in individual bouts wearing hybrid gloves in a triangle-shaped ring. The event takes place at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas on Saturday, Nov. 26.

It's mainly boxing but there are some slight rule changes. The main one to me seems to be they aren't going to break up the clinch.

Full fight card: https://trillerfightclub.com/fight-card/?affid=1643&utm_source=1643

Associate
Soldato

It does seem to have been on a bad run recently... Rose, Zhang, Valentina and Nunes seem the be the only fighters worth watching. Some real dirge recently, lots of dire wrestling and weak boxing.

It'll pick up though as more women get into the sport. The men's competition is great at the moment, love watching the rise of the bearded smeshers :D

Soldato
Great main card this week. I think Poirier gets it done and claims the belt, TKO in one of the later rounds. As usual Nunes opponent will come in full of false confidence and basically submit as soon as she realises how hard she hits, 1st round stoppage.
Other three are close to call but good tests for Cody and O Malley and surely a win for Sugar will get him ranked and he can start making his way up the rankings. Interesting how Dana manages and almost pilots some of these fighters.
Prelims are red hot too, some very experienced fighters on there when you see their records. Cruz on there, think he was on the prelims in his last fight as well iirc. He's had beef with DC this week and he always seems to squabble with Bisping when they commentate together. Maybe it's just you Dom :)

Back
Top Bottom