*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
It has huge problems. People don’t have the time to force themselves to enjoy a bad game. I certainly don’t. There are other things I can be doing with my time. Why would I do that? I would give up on a Netflix series if I wasn't enjoying it. Games or software are the only mass media product that can be released in a half finished, poor state and people still will find ways to force themselves to enjoy it. People are paying 50 to 100 quid for these things, but even so, even having paid 50 quid I’m not going to sink time into something that’s just bad. Maybe if I had the time or energy I could somehow find reasons to give it 6/10, but I don’t and I won’t. Not at this price and not with the supposed elite development team. I’ll just write this off as a 50quid loss. Other people are thinking exactly the same. It’s a game which is simply not worth *trying* to like. There are other games worth giving time and effort to let grow on you, but in my opinion this is not one. It’s soulless, dead.

The Netflix analogy is good as it is something I do regularly where I'll watch a couple of episodes and then cancel watching the rest as in my head I have decided its garbage.

Releasing games in this state needs to end. It is quite literally the only media format that they can release and then fix at a later date but it shouldn't be the case.

Imagine a classic album being released as the demo version it just wouldn't be the same.

I do enjoy bits of the game but in the end it comes across as an amateurish release when it was supposed to be top tier AAA.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vehicle Balancing

The LCAA Hovercraft will be re-equipped with lighter armour, lowering its health, and we're tuning down some of its weaponry

The MD540 Nightbird will have similar tuning done on it's weaponry too

We're keeping a close eye on early balance for future changes

Associate
Performance is all over the place atm but my word the particle effects are insane

Ya the graphics are the best in any game I've seen. 4K Ultra with HDR1600, the explosions of tank battles etc right in my face searing my eyeballs it's glorious. Having a ton of fun despite the game having serious flaws.

Even with an overclocked RTX 3090 on 4K Ultra I get dips down to 65-70 FPS in mad chaos, but this is one of the few games that the FPS drops are worth it! Raise my game rating to 7/10.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Well I paid less than £40 and I had a blast last night.

It’s been a long time since I last played a BF game and this one does feel like a change from the previous games. Performance seems pretty good @ 4K with a 5950X/3090, but is the rubber banding that people are referring to where your movement is fine for a few seconds, then you spend a second walking through treacle, then it’s back up to speed? Encountered that a fair bit last night and I hope it’s something that will be fixed pretty sharpish as it lets the whole thing down.

The hovercraft are ridiculous though. Spawned one in myself and then spent an entire round just trying to run people over out of curiosity and nobody managed to destroy it, so somethings not right there as it was repeatedly shot to bits by large numbers of people. Since when did hovercraft become indestructible!?!

Didn’t try to climb buildings in it but I’ve seen videos of those that have. Still not sure how that slipped through testing!

If the rubber banding is fixed, I can see myself playing it a lot.

Soldato
Amusingly I think all EA/DICE needed to do here was take BF3 Portal mode and just expand it with more weapons, maps and scale. Then they'd have the "Battlefield is Back" nailed.

Caporegime
Yes it's buggy, yes at times these bugs royally ** me off. But I've had more fun in Battlefield 2042 than I've had in an entre year I've played with the mass cheating PRO warzone! I can't remember the last time my team mates were laughing in a game! But they seriously need to get on top of the performance, I shouldn't have to run LOW-MEDIUM on an RTX 2070 Super!

Caporegime
Yes it's buggy, yes at times these bugs royally ** me off. But I've had more fun in Battlefield 2042 than I've had in an entre year I've played with the mass cheating PRO warzone! I can't remember the last time my team mates were laughing in a game! But they seriously need to get on top of the performance, I shouldn't have to run LOW-MEDIUM on an RTX 2070 Super!

That's the same as saying I didn't like catching syphilis but herpes is better.

The whole accepting mediocrity and rubbish really has to change as otherwise nothing will change.

Soldato
Played for 2 hours last night... first time I've ever thought what boring maps and how BAD they look... bar the BETA one which looks terrific and feels like it's finished, the other maps are just open flat boring landscapes... snow one is poor, the desert with the tall badly rendered buildings... I mean... some of the textures look like something from Half Life 2... I'm astounded they've put it out looking like this tbh.

I loved the beta... really did... and came into this so excited but the 6-7 maps played last night, only enjoyed the beta one... the rest were dull where barely any sky battles like in 3/4... maybe it'll grow on me but the graphics in places are unaacpetable for a AAA title when 3/4/5 all BLEW ME AWAY this is a backwards step

Soldato
Ya the graphics are the best in any game I've seen. 4K Ultra with HDR1600, the explosions of tank battles etc right in my face searing my eyeballs it's glorious. Having a ton of fun despite the game having serious flaws.

Even with an overclocked RTX 3090 on 4K Ultra I get dips down to 65-70 FPS in mad chaos, but this is one of the few games that the FPS drops are worth it! Raise my game rating to 7/10.
Strange you think that I think it's the worst looking BF release I've seen maybe the 7 maps I played last night I got the worst ones but none of them look finished?

Back
Top Bottom