• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ocuk i5 received not happy

Associate
So ive just taken delivery of my 12600KF and the factory seal is broken and the processor was rattling around in the box not even in the plastic case. This is the first time I've used oc uk and probably my last. They must have noticed this before shipping surely?

Associate
OP
Yea i will call them in the morning when my mood is a bit better. waited in all day for deliveries and the only item i have received is a possibly broken cpu i cant test as the mb did not turn up (yodel!) apparently i wasnt in when they tried to deliver and left a card in my door. Funnily enough there was no card or delivery driver for that matter when i looked at my cctv! not in a good mood today.

thanks.

OcUK Staff
Yea i will call them in the morning when my mood is a bit better. waited in all day for deliveries and the only item i have received is a possibly broken cpu i cant test as the mb did not turn up (yodel!) apparently i wasnt in when they tried to deliver and left a card in my door. Funnily enough there was no card or delivery driver for that matter when i looked at my cctv! not in a good mood today.

thanks.

If you ordered retail then unfortunately the courier has probably dropped it or something, the retail CPU's are untouched and just booked in.
If it is OEM then OcUK handles the OEM processors as we place them in small white boxes to make them suitable for shipping out in single units.

Whatever has happened, our apologies, contact customer services and they can arrange a return for you.

Soldato
If you ordered retail then unfortunately the courier has probably dropped it or something, the retail CPU's are untouched and just booked in.
If it is OEM then OcUK handles the OEM processors as we place them in small white boxes to make them suitable for shipping out in single units.

Whatever has happened, our apologies, contact customer services and they can arrange a return for you.

now were else would you get that kind of service..

Pet Northerner
Don

thanks.

If you don't fancy having to wait on hold / speak to someone, post in this subforum with your order number:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/community/ocuk-customer-service.116/

It's private only to you and the shop staff (not even moderators have access)

Feel free to link to Gibbos post above to help things along in there.

Associate
OP

Thanks for the response. I've had a good look at the caps on the back of the cpu and I can't see any damaged ones. I will test the cpu first. If it works OK I guess its not a problem. Thanks.

Soldato
Cpu works good. Was worried about the ceramic caps as they break of easily. Especially when it's being thrown about in the box by Ronaldo the delivery driver.

Great that it worked but it should have been adequately protected and cushioned, as you had expected. Was it retail or OEM you bought?

Soldato
Thanks it was retail. They are not boxed very well. But the security seal being broken bothered me.

Perhaps useful to have taken photos of the CPU box within the packaging and also of the packaging itself, and post within the section noted above.
That way they can look at either the courier and or the staff who packaged it to assess what went wrong.

It could be that the seal broke if the box was badly handled.? There would be no need for OC to open it prior to shipping.

Back
Top Bottom