• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Soldato

Seems nvidia better on the whole here even when RT not used.

Also, confirms what we all knew, 8GB just is not enough now.

Am suprised these even bothered to bench this bug ridden game. Its well documented that performance is bad in this game and having users go out their way to edit configuration files to force enable dx12 to gain frames.

Soldato
where benchmark?
zyQ22by.jpg

Not sure what is going on with the 3070ti :confused: at 11fps, would have thought would be same as 3070.. Strange result there, but again that card has GDDR6X not normal GDDR6, so would think it would be faster at least but hummm...

Well I just messaged them to ask what is going on with that 3070Ti result, seems not right or the card maybe an issue. Will see what they reply, tweet below.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Good luck to you if you are buying a mid to low end skew for 4k. Even with plenty of VRAM they just don't have the grunt as can be seen with the RDNA2 cards.

Permabanned
4k+rt is too much to ask from 3070 tier cards though

besides rt in this game is insanely cpu bound (it literally cuts CPU bound performance by nearly half, im not kidding). since the game itself is heavily CPU bound due to 128 players and heavy calculations, you literally need to have a minimum of 5900x to get a "minimum" of 60 fps with ray tracing

i get for example 50-80 fps with my ryzen 3600+3060ti at 1440p with dlss quality, gpu usage %85-95
once i enable RTAO, go boom. i get 30-45 fps at 1440p with dlss quality, gpu sitting at %60-70 (so its not the gpu that buckles down, the cpu literally gets destroyed by the overwhelming amount of CPU boundness this unoptimized mess of a game creates)

rtao is pretty much useless if you want to get something above 70-80 fps lmao. im prettyy sure a 1440p or 1080p rtao graph would line up most of the top end nvidia gpus equally due to the heavy cpu bottleneck

its clear that rt implementation in this game is an aftertthought

(important note: figures are taken in hourglass map with conquest mode.)

i wonder where did hb unboxed did his testing. i gather non cpu bound bot practice match that does not hammer the CPU. as a result, his graphs do not represent actual gameplay numbers but rather relation between hardware

Soldato
4k+rt is too much to ask from 3070 tier cards though

besides rt in this game is insanely cpu bound (it literally cuts CPU bound performance by nearly half, im not kidding). since the game itself is heavily CPU bound due to 128 players and heavy calculations, you literally need to have a minimum of 5900x to get a "minimum" of 60 fps with ray tracing

i get for example 50-80 fps with my ryzen 3600+3060ti at 1440p with dlss quality, gpu usage %85-95
once i enable RTAO, go boom. i get 30-45 fps at 1440p with dlss quality, gpu sitting at %60-70 (so its not the gpu that buckles down, the cpu literally gets destroyed by the overwhelming amount of CPU boundness this unoptimized mess of a game creates)

rtao is pretty much useless if you want to get something above 70-80 fps lmao. im prettyy sure a 1440p or 1080p rtao graph would line up most of the top end nvidia gpus equally due to the heavy cpu bottleneck

its clear that rt implementation in this game is an aftertthought

(important note: figures are taken in hourglass map with conquest mode.)

i wonder where did hb unboxed did his testing. i gather non cpu bound bot practice match that does not hammer the CPU. as a result, his graphs do not represent actual gameplay numbers but rather relation between hardware

Too much for 3070 but 2080ti can handle it despite Nvidia saying the 3070 is faster than the 2080ti

Soldato
Too much for 3070 but 2080ti can handle it despite Nvidia saying the 3070 is faster than the 2080ti

Then the 3070ti is faster than a 2080ti, while the normal 3070 is 2080ti performance normally depending on game and can be faster or slower too.

That 3070ti result is way off the mark. Reality these cards are aimed at 1440p and some 4k, but pretty sad to see the 3070Ti and even the 3070 and 3060Ti get this hammered.. They all really needed more VRAM on this gen from Nvidia apart from the 3090 of course. It's just planned obsolescence sadly.

Permabanned
again dlss would change those graphs completely but amd unboxed does not like dlss so yeah

no point of pushing 4k native with any of these cards, including 3090. even dlss quality would provide a huge boost with similar visuals (or better at some cases like resolving subpixel detail)

then again, as i've said, rtao introduces unrealistically high amounts of cpu boundness to the game, to a point where neither gpu power nor vram matters xd

really, sometimes amd unboxed disgust me with their putrid hate against dlss

"We’re still yet to test DLSS which could be a big feature for GeForce owners in Battlefield 2042. I didn’t want to just include DLSS results without a detailed visual quality analysis, covering all tested resolutions, so hopefully this is something we can get done soon."

i'd be surprised if he actually does that XD

Soldato
again dlss would change those graphs completely but amd unboxed does not like dlss so yeah

no point of pushing 4k native with any of these cards, including 3090. even dlss quality would provide a huge boost with similar visuals (or better at some cases like resolving subpixel detail)

then again, as i've said, rtao introduces unrealistically high amounts of cpu boundness to the game, to a point where neither gpu power nor vram matters xd

really, sometimes amd unboxed disgust me with their putrid hate against dlss

"We’re still yet to test DLSS which could be a big feature for GeForce owners in Battlefield 2042. I didn’t want to just include DLSS results without a detailed visual quality analysis, covering all tested resolutions, so hopefully this is something we can get done soon."

i'd be surprised if he actually does that XD

Clearly still has a bone to pick with Nvidia and targetting DLSS.:cry: It's funny how quickly they forget when they got banned by Nvidia and they wonder why and cry wolf later.:rolleyes:

Caporegime
Latest icarus beta has ray tracing global illumination now, looks lovely but unfortunately dx 12 so unstable and runs crap compared to dx 11 regardless of ray tracing so not really usable atm:

Soldato
Latest icarus beta has ray tracing global illumination now, looks lovely but unfortunately dx 12 so unstable and runs crap compared to dx 11 regardless of ray tracing so not really usable atm:

Damn that's pretty !

Aren't there a few downfalls/limitations to using RT with anything other than DX12U/Vulkan ?

Back
Top Bottom