• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Resizable bar video playback issue

Associate
Hi thanks for looking.

I'm having a problem with nvidia resizable bar. When its enabled windows media player won't play videos. Some videos do play for several seconds then freeze. The other media player in Windows (can't remember the name) won't work at all. If I disable resizable bar everything returns to normal. You tube and other streaming seems to be unaffected.

Has any one had this problem?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Have you tried another player like VLC? Is it any particular type of video encoding that is causing to crash?
Thanks for the reply.
Yea I tried a few other players was all the same. I looked at the video types and it was mainly uhd. Turned out to be a codec problem. Installed different codecs and it's OK now.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Out of curiosity which GPU was what codecs did you install in the end? In case anyone else has the same issue.

No problems here using a 3070 with LAV Filters.

It's a evga rtx3070 and it was the shark codecs pack. I downloaded the wrong one. It was mobile codec pack I downloaded instead of the full pack.

I don't know what enabling rebar had to do with anything though.

Back
Top Bottom