Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Lewandowski has got nothing to do with it. He has been at BM for god knows how long now and is perfectly integrated into their team and style and is the ultimate team player. Cavani is an absolute dynamo and was great for us last season and again, always puts the team above himself. Ronaldo is the antithesis of both of them. Greedy and plays for himself. You can watch him play for United and he only has one thing on his mind. Score a goal. If there is someone in a better position than he is but he might be able to make a yard of space and shoot, he will shoot. Hes undeniably a great player still but I think he has been one of the biggest causes of Oles departure. And yes, I know that without Ronaldos goals Ole would have been gone about a month ago.

That doesn't mean that he hasn't completely unbalanced the team and was a really poor signing.

So why did he head it across to VdB for the easy finish yesterday instead of going for goal?

fez

fez

Caporegime
So why did he head it across to VdB for the easy finish yesterday instead of going for goal?

I'm still not 100% sure he did. Part of me still thinks that he was just trying to put it back across the keeper into the goal. :p

In all seriousness though, the occasional assist doesn't change the fact that whenever Ronaldo has the ball anywhere near the box you can be almost 100% sure he will try to make a bit of space and smack the ball towards goal.

For my own curiosity, what do you think has changed this season that has meant we have struggled so much vs last year?

Vdb made us worse because when he came on we conceded goals

I can't tell if you are serious here? VdB was easily one of our best players yesterday. Easily.

Greenwood has been amazing and has shaded 70m sancho.

I have to believe that you are on the windup sometimes because you just cannot seem to rationalise that 2 completely different players can have very different outcomes in the same team. I think that you would genuinely be complaining about why Aguero wasn't scoring bags of goals in a team that creates most of their chances from set pieces and crosses.

Both VdB and Sancho are system players. They both flourish in a team that wants to play one touch passes and play triangles through the opposition. Neither of them suit Oles complete lack of system and our languid play style that relied on an individual doing something special to beat a man. When VdB and Sancho were playing with each other yesterday, both of them looked twice the players they usually look at United because they were playing in a way they both understood.

Caporegime
In all seriousness though, the occasional assist doesn't change the fact that whenever Ronaldo has the ball anywhere near the box you can be almost 100% sure he will try to make a bit of space and smack the ball towards goal.

For my own curiosity, what do you think has changed this season that has meant we have struggled so much vs last year?

You just described 90% of the best goalscorers. Did Van Nistelrooy do any different?

I have no idea, all we can do is guess. I think fatigue has played a part, Maguire and Shaw in particular have had no break in a long time now. Of course partly it's on Ole for not rotating enough when we've needed it. Suggesting we're suddenly conceding goals like crazy because of Ronaldo is insane though. That's the kind of thing that someone would believe if they'd never watched football and only read Jonathan Wilson articles (he posted another hit piece today)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Carrick lol what a mess that club is in.
Turf out pogba for a start and then everyone else and start again

There aren’t many other options when you don’t expect to be sacking your manager and you have a game in 3 days. I don’t expect he will be in charge for more than a few games, if that. I just really hope they get rid of all of Oles team when another manager comes in.

Caporegime
Exactly, we play in 72 hours. Do people just expect us to have nobody in charge for the game?

This should have all been done in the international break, but again that is expecting competence from the Glazers.

Soldato
In a way that does not matter, right now Ole cannot get a tune out of that group of players and needs to.

But also disagree with you, man utd are still a big draw for a lot of managers and players. They can also afford to pay a club the comp, and a good wage.

Man Utd might be a big draw still, but a lot of top tier managers will want to avoid taking this team on mid season. A summer to work on the squad is something any top manager will want.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Man Utd might be a big draw still, but a lot of top tier managers will want to avoid taking this team on mid season. A summer to work on the squad is something any top manager will want.

The question is whether the opportunity is too good to potentially miss. If a manager thinks the job will be gone by the summer then they might not wait. All complete speculation however.

Soldato

Agreed but some will see it as now or never.

Put seems like they will interim and appoint in summer which might be for the best

Soldato
Maybe Ole will be brought back in some capacity behind the scenes. He'd be good at promoting the ethos etc. The exit interview is sort of sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom