Poll: Qatar Grand Prix 2021, Lusail - Race 20

Rate the 2021 Qatar Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Transmission breaker
Don
A shame that Pirelli can’t factor a few curbs into their designs.

It's almost like they had never seen this track before, or the rather tasty kerbs it has, or the FIAs decision to allow the red and white kerbs to be the track limits here, not the white lines..

I guess its more fun to just moan about pirrelli being rubbish though :D

Caporegime
As a big alonso supporter and Renault (through the iterations) I'm very happy with that.

Alonso is still an amazing driver. But I was super anxious about those last laps.

Good result for the WDC too.

Crazy they pit perez. What were they thinking?
I know what they were thinking, but seems. Extremely risk adverse to do that

Associate
Only thing I really disliked is Red Bull ordering Gasly to let Max past, it probably didn't affect the result but it seems like an unfair advantage to effectively be running 4 cars and very unsporting. Max was on the radio saying he was stuck, Gasly is told Max isn't their race and immediately he just happens to make a mistake in the corner and then forgets to open his DRS until Max was ahead. Couldn't have made it any more obvious.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else noticed a Merc mechanic standing as far out as he could rather than pull the cables out of the way as it's customary when Max was coming in? Then RB mechanic returned the favour when Lewis was leaving his pit stop.

Transmission breaker
Don
Anyone else noticed a Merc mechanic standing as far out as he could rather than pull the cables out of the way as it's customary when Max was coming in? Then RB mechanic returned the favour when Lewis was leaving his pit stop.
Yes!! I also saw the RB mechanic doing that, missed the Merc one earlier though. I also thought it looked a little petty, but makes sense if they were just returning the sentiment :D

Soldato
The 'rogue marshall' was apparently correct in waving double yellows. If a car is effectively stopped on the circuit on track then it is double wave yellows. Gasly wasn't just driving off the racing line.

Associate
Only thing I really disliked is Red Bull ordering Gasly to let Max past, it probably didn't affect the result but it seems like an unfair advantage to effectively be running 4 cars and very unsporting. Max was on the radio saying he was stuck, Gasly is told Max isn't their race and immediately he just happens to make a mistake in the corner and then forgets to open his DRS until Max was ahead. Couldn't have made it any more obvious.

Only just noticed it? Been going on for years.. Football has ownership rules to prevent this...

Back
Top Bottom