******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Good video this is

ALso, 3.15.1 open PTU just got released

New Features

Locations

Planetary Volumetric Clouds

Addition of volumetric clouds around microTech. This is our first implementation of volumetric clouds for a rocky planet and is currently only available around microTech with other planets and improvements coming in future releases.

Ships and Vehicles

Added New Ship: Aegis Redeemer

Added New Ship: Crusader Ares Starfighter Ion

Added New Ship: Crusader Ares Starfighter Inferno

Feature Updates

Gameplay

Dropped Item Performance Polish

Added dropped clutter prevention to avoid extreme performance issues when players drop hundreds of items into a single area. This will limit dropped carriables to 50 per 20m radius sphere and block further items being dropped until out of this range.

Medical UI Polish

Increased the size of text on Incapacitated screen. Increased visibility of limb damage text when healing yourself with a medical tool. Added a marker to the players last corpse to help them find it after death. This will appear when within about 1500 meters of your corpse.

Soldato
They've clearly realised that they need to get a push on with SQ42 hence the refocus of the key pillars to an SQ42 focus and then the more polished mechanics flowing in to the PU. I'd imagine their looking at SQ42 being another source of revenue from on the fence gamers... I'm happy either way, had lots of fun with the PU since I backed in 2012, watched some amazing development videos and stuff that happens and will play SQ42 when it comes out. I've backed heavily as I want to see this game realised and I love the idea of a universe wide ecosystem but with story driven wars... i.e. I hope that as an independent I can trade and keep the war effort going without actually needing to join the frontline, but if I was to go near it I could see the war ongoing etc. Time will tell though.

Soldato
A good source of revenue would have been releasing a game, then using said funds to cram features into a sequel on solid foundations. They've just stumbled on too good of a funding model, like Rockstar have with GTA V. That's why we don't have GTA 6

Soldato
People thought they were just buying a game, but Kudos to Roberts he's actually found enough mugs to by him a large business for free, and have them pay for the running costs for a decade, and pay the salaries of a large workforce now numbering 1400 people.

10 years of free money for two dog **** games, one of which doesn't exist.

Genius.

:D

Soldato
A good source of revenue would have been releasing a game, then using said funds to cram features into a sequel on solid foundations. They've just stumbled on too good of a funding model, like Rockstar have with GTA V. That's why we don't have GTA 6
That’s what cig are doing.

Creating the foundations of the pu and then work on the other 90 + star systems and lore afterwords .

All cig need is 4-5 fully fledged star systems with all the professions done to make a so called soft launch

Don
Is this "game" a massive scam or something? It seems that people keep throwing money at it but it's no closer to release. I seem to recall it being announced around the same time as Elite Dangerous.

Don
OK, maybe not an outright scam, but it's an Alpha version of the game and they are asking people to pay money for the base game, and then even more money to buy ships. I've just looked at the website for it and the price of some of the ships is incredible.
Maybe I just don't understand.

The reason for the initial post is because one of my friends at the weekend mentioned that he's spent several hundred quid on this game and wished he hadn't.

Back
Top Bottom