Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Been on the brink for a while now, looks like the SAR will be happening now though. Got £350 credit with them, website was slow when I was downloading statements etc.

Soldato
Special administration = Bulb probably tipped the balance on "too big to fail".

Yeah i think this was hinted at weeks ago as most of the SOLR's are having a hard time incorporating accounts from suppliers with only 10's of thousands of customers. To try and merge in a 1.7 million customer base would probably take them the best part of a year!

Soldato
Nobody could afford to take on Bulb's customer base without putting themselves/their own company at risk, Greg Jackson from Octopus said that they couldn't negotiate a deal for the customer base that would allow them to consider it as a viable take over either.

Seems like there will only be a few suppliers left come end of Q1 '22.

Soldato
Nobody could afford to take on Bulb's customer base without putting themselves/their own company at risk, Greg Jackson from Octopus said that they couldn't negotiate a deal for the customer base that would allow them to consider it as a viable take over either.

Seems like there will only be a few suppliers left come end of Q1 '22.

I suspect once things stabilise you'll start to see newcomers to the market - likely from the same directors etc of previous companies that have gone bust.

Back
Top Bottom