Which Fire TV product?

Soldato
I've currently got a Firestick 4k on my main TV, 65" LG C9 connected to a Denon X2400H receiver, and a Firestick Lite connected to an old Samsung 40" LCD in the bedroom, the Lite always feels painfully slow compared to the 4k.

I'm going to buy a bigger bedroom TV (55" if it's standalone, 43" if we end up with a TV bed), so I'm going to buy another 4k Fire product and get rid of the Lite.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to choose between the following please :-

Firestick 4k
Firestick 4k Max
Fire TV Cube

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Personally I just iuse the 4k, isn't the max the new one with a 100mhz increase in speed? Think the cube is the one with better sound and higher rates, but if just for normal TV, personally whiever is cheapest there... I run two of the Firestick 4k's and they run like a weapon

Soldato
OP
Personally I just iuse the 4k, isn't the max the new one with a 100mhz increase in speed? Think the cube is the one with better sound and higher rates, but if just for normal TV, personally whiever is cheapest there... I run two of the Firestick 4k's and they run like a weapon

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

Just out of interest why use these and not the TV built in apps?

As above, I just find the Firestick to be a little more responsive and easier to navigate, plus having more than one means I can take it away with me.

To be fair, the C9 is good, just the Firestick (the 4k one anyway) is just a bit better.

Soldato
Both the Firestick 4K MAX and Cube use the OS ver 7.x whilst the older 4k stick uses OS ver 6.x.
The sticks "only" have around 5GB of usable space, if that is an issue. With a Cube it has twice the space available, we like that for Kodi.

We like our Cube, more responsive than the 4K stick we have also got - altho you would get used to either I suppose.

The MAX also has Wi-Fi 6 - if that is needed. I have recently seen the Cube bundled with a Ethernet (100Mb) USB type adaptor for less than £60 at Argos IIRC.

Soldato
One thing we found, does not apply for everyone's use, is that the 100Mb ethernet adaptor with the Cube had issues for us when it came to streaming some 4k content. That was probably due to the large bit rate.
I bought a Gigabit ethernet adaptor and then the limitation was due to the Micro USB port and not the 100Mb connection of the original one.

We did notice a speed difference when we got the Cube over the 4k Stick. It is also faster and more responsive than the Max.

Back
Top Bottom