Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Associate
Mid-credits there's a scene with Peter and Dana. After the credits there's a scene where Janine is talking to Winston at his work office, followed by him taking Ecto 1 back to the firehouse. The last shot is one of the containment unit with a light blinking.

Something that didn't make sense about the firehouse was that it looked like an abandoned firehouse but earlier in the film there was mention that it had been turned in to a Starbucks.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Something that didn't make sense about the firehouse was that it looked like an abandoned firehouse but earlier in the film there was mention that it had been turned in to a Starbucks.

Yeah. Something got missed there. I assumed either Winston had bought the firehouse back, or Ray was wrong about the fate of it in the first place.

Soldato
that end credit scene was only shot a few months ago. They likely forgot what Ray had said and didn't check it. Just a small oversight I think.

Soldato

Just because it got turned into a Starbucks at some point doesn't mean it's still a Starbucks.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
it doesn't look like it was ever anything after the busters abandoned it

I'll have to go back and watch the original film to get the architecture back in my head (I've even been to the damn place IRL and can't remember exactly what the shape of the building is!) but is it possible that Starbucks took over part of the building and left the garage and basement untouched?

Soldato
Watched this last night. Enjoyed the first one and didn't get round to the second one. This one I we caught at the o2 while the girls were watching JLS, it was a bit of a shot in the dark booking as I booked a couple of weeks back. We both really enjoyed it, nice nods to the first one, likeable cast and done in a good way. Good 7/10 movie for me.

Soldato
I'll have to go back and watch the original film to get the architecture back in my head (I've even been to the damn place IRL and can't remember exactly what the shape of the building is!) but is it possible that Starbucks took over part of the building and left the garage and basement untouched?
Nope it's a fairly narrow building. Also the interior shots were done in a disused firehouse in La. But it was similar in shape and style. Plus I doubt Starbucks would be happy with a functioning container unit in the basement ;)

Caporegime
OP
The terror dogs were perfectly fine, it was other stuff that stuck out :rolleyes::p

Well that part had to be cgi as it's a 60 year old car, and they only had one "hero" version that could actually run. Looks real enough just very unrealistic how it went flying like that, though its meant to be a nod to the real ghostbusters cartoon where it would almost routinely do things like that :)

sEl8hIJ.png

Critics must be raging :cry::cry:

Caporegime
No surprise they immediately jumped on the Stay Puft Baby Yoda comparison. Thats despite the fact the movie was done and dusted long before Baby Yoda ever made an appearence.

Ghostbusters filming took place July to October 2019, at this point there would be no CGI created.

Mandalorian season 1 aired November 2019

Caporegime
OP
Ghostbusters filming took place July to October 2019, at this point there would be no CGI created.

Mandalorian season 1 aired November 2019

Yes that was principal photography aka actors on the set, the mini puft scenes were shot during this period with Paul Rudd in the Walmart and Logan Kim in the back of ecto. Jason Reitman was admant that he didn't want the climax of the movie to be yet another "something large appears" so Stay Puft was scaled down so the character could still have a part in the movie. They already had Gozer, the Terror Dogs, they're not going to leave out what was one of the iconic characters of the first movie.

And as stated before they were in the comic series back in 1989, so only 30 years before Mandalorian.

Back
Top Bottom