Kyle Rittenhouse - teen who shot three people in Kenosha

Associate
You can argue this all you like dowie. Trying to claim it isn't a symbol now used by white supremacists and far right groups is simply wrong. They have adopted it. No it doesn't mean every person that uses it is using it in that context, where have I claimed that? In fact I stated the opposite of that. It isn't a binary thing, why are you attempting to make it one? People in this thread said it isn't used by white supremacists and that was a hoax. That is clearly wrong which is why I posted.

I found that 100% of American White Supremacists are using the English language to communicate their bigotry.

Now that we've found that these people are using the ok sign and the English language, perhaps we should look at banning these vehicles of hate.

Soldato
For those screaming white supremacist, could you (and this is an open minded request) list the 'facts' behind the reasoning? I've tried to read the past few pages but I don't see much due to the noise.

I only saw the evidence at the trial and on the surface the degree of restraint and genuine help Rittenhouse seemed to display without any real antagonising behaviour wouldn't lead me to believe race was a motivating factor.

I think we need a little more than an OK symbol and MAGA hat, so I assume there is much more to this I've not seen yet.

I don't agree with this but I think that for some people, because Rittenhouse went to Kenosha to protect businesses from a riot that started as a BLM protest against the police shooting of Jacob Blake, that makes him anti-BLM and therefore a white supremacist. You're either with us or against us, even if being "with us" means supporting riots and looting by the dregs of society who clearly have no interest in social justice. It's the nature of the polarised situation we find ourselves in.

That being said, the photo of him with members of Proud Boys flashing the OK sign doesn't look good. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he's just a naive teenager. Maybe he didn't know who they were. Maybe they asked him to make that sign. Maybe he didn't know what it meant in that context.

Or maybe he knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe saying he supports BLM on Tucker Carlson was the ultimate troll move. Who really knows?

Now that the trial is over, it would be nice if everyone could move on from this and Rittenhouse fades back into obscurity but in all likelihood, he will just be replaced by the next culture wars lightning rod and the sorry circus will continue anew.

Soldato
I found that 100% of American White Supremacists are using the English language to communicate their bigotry.

Now that we've found that these people are using the ok sign and the English language, perhaps we should look at banning these vehicles of hate.

We do. We ban organisations, websites, talks, etc. But, as the reasonable people here keep saying, it’s all down to context. The English language isn’t in itself hateful, but it can be used in a hateful way. Much the same way an AR15 isn’t a tool for murder in itself (or indeed, self defence), but it can be used for both.

I’m not surprised that some are ignoring the option that the ‘ok’ sign is used by white supremacists and are trying to underplay it. It is absolutely used by white supremacists. What I asked was is there any other evidence that Rittenhouse is a white supremacist as I had seen lots of posts from friends suggesting he is. I thought I may get a more balanced view here, but instead it’s a hand over eyes and fingers in ear approach culminating in the suggestion that the ok symbol can’t possibly be related to white supremacy because they didn’t create the sign. The nazis didn’t create the swastika, but it’s clear that when used under certain context, it’s a nazi symbol. The same can apply for the ok symbol/88/etc.

For clarity, I don’t know if Rittenhouse is a white supremacist. If he was wearing a KKK outfit whilst flashing the sign, I would think he was. Flashing one sign, with little context, merely raises the question. Flashing the sign, with the Proud Boys raises more. I originally asked if there was any more evidence for the suggestion he’s a white supremacist.

Last edited:
Soldato
We do. We ban organisations, websites, talks, etc. But, as the reasonable people here keep saying, it’s all down to context. The English language isn’t in itself hateful, but it can be used in a hateful way. Much the same way an AR15 isn’t a tool for murder in itself (or indeed, self defence), but it can be used for both.

I’m not surprised that some are ignoring the option that the ‘ok’ sign is used by white supremacists and are trying to underplay it. It is absolutely used by white supremacists. What I asked was is there any other evidence that Rittenhouse is a white supremacist as I had seen lots of posts from friends suggesting he is. I thought I may get a more balanced view here, but instead it’s a hand over eyes and fingers in ear approach culminating in the suggestion that the ok symbol can’t possibly be related to white supremacy because they didn’t create the sign. The nazis didn’t create the swastika, but it’s clear that when used under certain context, it’s a nazi symbol. The same can apply for the ok symbol/88/etc.

For clarity, I don’t know if Rittenhouse is a white supremacist. If he was wearing a KKK outfit whilst flashing the sign, I would think he was. Flashing one sign, with little context, merely raises the question. Flashing the sign, with the Proud Boys raises more. I originally asked if there was any more evidence for the suggestion he’s a white supremacist.

The ok sign is for trolling libs. And it works.

"The “OK” hand gesture originated as one of these hoaxes in February 2017 when an anonymous 4channer announced “Operation O-KKK,” telling other members that “we must flood Twitter and other social media websites…claiming that the OK hand sign is a symbol of white supremacy.”

Soldato
I don't think anyone has said that it isn't being used by white supremacists now, just that using it doesn't exclusively mean that you are one. :confused:

Soldato
The ok sign is for trolling libs. And it works.

"The “OK” hand gesture originated as one of these hoaxes in February 2017 when an anonymous 4channer announced “Operation O-KKK,” telling other members that “we must flood Twitter and other social media websites…claiming that the OK hand sign is a symbol of white supremacy.”

No one can accept being trolled, so it was made an official sign of white supremacy so no-one had egg on their faces.

Soldato
Equally, no one has argued that just by using it, it makes you a white suprematist. :confused:

Happy to be proved wrong here, but he's been shown displaying white supremacist symbols. Is that not the case? I respect the jury's decision and see both sides of the argument. However, I do think that this "kid" isn't the nice, innocent, little boy next door that you are trying to suggest he is.

I partly ask, because a number of my friends have been displaying pictures of him flashing the sign on their instagram - these people are very much against the ruling of the court...

I don't think the killings were race motivated, but it still seems he's a believer of white supremacy in the images I've seen.

He/she seems to think so.

Soldato
I don't think anyone has said that it isn't being used by white supremacists now, just that using it doesn't exclusively mean that you are one. :confused:

I agree it is clearly being used by White Supremacists. I also agree that using the OK sign doesn't make one a White Supremacist. There have been ridiculous instances of people being assumed to be a WS just because they either deliberately used the OK sign or where perceived to have done. Which is mental. Like was said before there was a popular student drinking game using your fingers to make a ring and I played it many times and I am not and never have been a WS. Context is everything and assuming the worst in people seems to have become the default for the Offendosphere whichever flavour of nutkins they believe.

Soldato
He/she seems to think so.

@Ahleckz was asking a question, as confirmed by their follow-up post:

Do try to keep up.

Soldato
Remember the who 'OK' hand sign / white supremacy thing was an deliberate, calculated internet troll designed to fool morons that an innocuous hand gesture was really code for white supremacy.

Judging on how it's going I would consider it fait accompli ....

Soldato
Remember the who 'OK' hand sign / white supremacy thing was an deliberate, calculated internet troll designed to fool morons that an innocuous hand gesture was really code for white supremacy.

Judging on how it's going I would consider it fait accompli ....

The liberals have been trolled for years. And they didn't know :cry::cry:

Soldato
From the Rittenhouse interview.

"Mr. President, if I could say one thing to you, I would urge you to go back and watch the trial, and understand the facts before you make a statement," the Illinois resident said.

"It’s actual malice; defaming my character for him to say something like that."

:)

vrE8nr6.jpg

It's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom