US: Dexter: New Blood

Soldato
Watched the 1st one, it was ok, not great but not terrible. Deborah isn't needed (understand they are trying to hark back to earlier seasons and a manifestation of his conscience). There won't be a satisfactory pay off unless he dies at the end of the 10 episodes though so unless they kill him off and have his son take over the mantle I don't see the point in this.

Soldato
Thought it was ok.. I did like some of the references to some of my concerns such as people having smart door bell cams tho.. :D

I was thinking that the young woman that turned up was going to be Astrid but then Harrison arrived.

Soldato
I quite enjoyed that. Though the original series kind of fizzled out towards the end this made me remember quite how much I enjoyed Dexter at its peak. Whether or not this hits those highs remains to be seen but I had a big grin when he started setting up his kill room

I'm on for the ride

Caporegime
I noticed in ep3 how
He's worried about getting rid of the body, goes to a mine and gets attacked by a bear.
then a wild furnace appears to cremate it.
How convenient.

wasn't old dexter more creative and intelligent writing? this is like game of thrones season 8 writing

the whole 3 eps seem kinda lazy writing so far really, crime scenes left unattended etc apparently dexter just wonders around this small town area unnoticed, meanwhile search parties are out there by his cabin somewhere :cry:

Does snow leave footprints?

Soldato
the body shape of the guy that killed the girl certainly looked like Clancy Browns character but I think it’s also nudging towards it being the oil guy, probably with bulky clothes because of the cold. Weird tho how CB character said he had FaceTimed or whatever his son tho.

Good job there wasn’t a cadaver dog in the tracking dog crew tho or they would have been sniffing round his fire pit.

I have a feeling that the guy that killed the girl also killed the sister/friend of the police woman and think her daughter will be taken by him later in the season and she will be saved by Dexter, maybe Harrison as well and he will end up on Dexters table.

Oh and finally. As the police woman’s daughter is into true crime, I am betting that the Bay Harbor Butcher case comes up.

Soldato
Can someone remind me please, i thought at the end of the last season he was found out which is why he did his disappearing act and new name etc. This doesn't appear correct though as Harrison knows his name and made no mention of it. Why did he run?

Soldato
the body shape of the guy that killed the girl certainly looked like Clancy Browns character but I think it’s also nudging towards it being the oil guy, probably with bulky clothes because of the cold. Weird tho how CB character said he had FaceTimed or whatever his son tho.

Good job there wasn’t a cadaver dog in the tracking dog crew tho or they would have been sniffing round his fire pit.

I have a feeling that the guy that killed the girl also killed the sister/friend of the police woman and think her daughter will be taken by him later in the season and she will be saved by Dexter, maybe Harrison as well and he will end up on Dexters table.

Oh and finally. As the police woman’s daughter is into true crime, I am betting that the Bay Harbor Butcher case comes up.

I think there will be 2 story lines running.

Harrison and Ethen. Ethen kills the bullys, OR Harrison finds out about Dexters past (I will assume he already knows) and Dexter teaches Harrison the code to kill the bullys OR kill Ethen. Clearly Harrison is a very smart kid and tough.

Clancy Brown from what I have read is the main bad guy

Was the bay harbor butcher case the biggest serial killer case in US history? In the show of course. If so I think like you, it will crop up by that reporter/blogger woman who came into the story as like you said the daughter is interested into crime stuff.

Liking this series so far, very interesting and a lot darker.

Soldato
Can someone remind me please, i thought at the end of the last season he was found out which is why he did his disappearing act and new name etc. This doesn't appear correct though as Harrison knows his name and made no mention of it. Why did he run?
I will assume when Harrison went back to Miami he did some research, maybe went to the police where Dexter worked and asked a few questions. Hes a clever kid, probably looked at cctv, facial recognition or somthing. OR didnt Harrison say there was a picture of Dexter on someone's Instagram and he found out that way????. I don't think anyone was alive who new about Dexter, Debs, La Guerta both died iirc they were the only two who knew. Correct me if I am wrong though.

How did Harrison find Dexter?
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...howrunner-reveals-harrison-found-dexter.html/

Phillips spoke about Harrison’s return on the Dexter: New Blood Wrap Up podcast. He shared that Harrison first learned of his father’s survival from a letter he’d sent to Hannah and then used online information to track him to Iron Lake.

“Harrison has traveled the world to find his father, having thought that his father had died in the hurricane in the last episode of Season 8 and then having learned that indeed from a letter that Dexter had sent Hannah, Yvonne Strahovski, that Dexter had indeed survived,” he shared. “And as any teenager with a laptop can do, he found his father, from Argentina to Miami to Oregon to Iron Lake, New York.”

Soldato
I think there will be 2 story lines running.

Harrison and Ethen. Ethen kills the bullys, OR Harrison finds out about Dexters past (I will assume he already knows) and Dexter teaches Harrison the code to kill the bullys OR kill Ethen. Clearly Harrison is a very smart kid and tough.

Clancy Brown from what I have read is the main bad guy

Was the bay harbor butcher case the biggest serial killer case in US history? In the show of course. If so I think like you, it will crop up by that reporter/blogger woman who came into the story as like you said the daughter is interested into crime stuff.

Liking this series so far, very interesting and a lot darker.

Hello From Derby :)

Back
Top Bottom