The 2021 Black Friday Deals Thread

Soldato
That would defeat the whole object of any kind of sales (Black Friday, Boxing Day, whatever) though. People would just buy goods in the run up and then hope for a deal before something sells out, and they could return them if they aren't in the sales and another similar item is if they bag one. It would be a logistical nightmare and I'm sure Amazon probably have the data to prove it otherwise they would just do the perceived easier thing of just refunding the difference.

But when you are in the returns period, it costs them more to get you to return the item. Not only do they have to pay for return postage, but they then end up with a used item which they have to sell at a reduced price. I've had generally good luck with getting a credit for the difference

Soldato
But when you are in the returns period, it costs them more to get you to return the item. Not only do they have to pay for return postage, but they then end up with a used item which they have to sell at a reduced price. I've had generally good luck with getting a credit for the difference

Probably only if it was actually sold by Amazon rather than a third party.

Soldato
yes - you don't get free returns on any item you purchase from Amazon
.. you return a ninja ,and the postage costs you £25, to save £25 on a now reduced product.

AO share price hit 25% !(r4@today) because they have seen poor supply, and also expect soft market , doesn't bode well when black friday finally arrives.

Caporegime
I literally just did this item I bought was 50% cheaper.
Just rebought it and returning the old. Free return Amazon prime.
Would be easier if they just credited but hey let's waste tons of money and co2 on shipping costs which are probably Close to the item cost.
GG amazon.se genius

Soldato
yes - you don't get free returns on any item you purchase from Amazon
.. you return a ninja ,and the postage costs you £25, to save £25 on a now reduced product.

Doesn't that depend on the reason for return, item not as described is usually free. Maybe not for all third party sellers as I don't return much but in general I've very rarely had to pay.

Soldato
Soldato
Would be easier if they just credited but hey let's waste tons of money and co2 on shipping costs which are probably Close to the item cost.
GG amazon.se genius
Amazon are probably one of the most data driven companies in the world. There will be a reason they do it this way.

Soldato
GG amazon.se genius

If it were done to be easy by issuing refunds instead they'd be inundated I guess. They're offering a returns window to match or better industry standard. It wouldn't be in their interest to offer a guaranteed lowest price within x days of purchase or the difference refunded unless they could spin it as an additional paid purchase protection insurance.

Caporegime
I got the MAC one. Usually get the M&S one.

These things sell out fast even the MAC one at £135 sold out pretty much on release day.

Try boots
Not a deal as such. As @Psycho Sonny says, the good ones usually sell out anyway. I tend to buy the wife this one as she loves Rituals

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RITUALS-Ri...cphy=1007000&hvtargid=pla-1434981267292&psc=1

Look Fantastic had it at £49 but looks to be sold out.
Thank you both. Haha my wife already has the Rituals one, cracking deal though. The search for this one is for her sister.

Back
Top Bottom