Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Quick question guys. My tarrif runs out end of January next year, so a few months left. Do you recommend just leaving it to roll onto the standard tariff with British gas if that happens at the end of my contract?
Fixing now seems insane but I've heard the prices will go up again in April. Think either way I'm going to have big bills next year.

Soldato
Inflation wont go away imo but theres enough gas in the world they can reverse prices. a lot of it depends on the Russia situation, for all we know they invade Ukraine and gas prices in a year are doubled again. Scottish power for example has a license to import gas from USA its not ideal but they can ship it over in great quantities and USA is far cheaper, we also import from Norway and Qatar so it shouldnt spike in theory.
Time decay is normal in pricing, they can raise supply and thats the most likely outcome. USA has enough gas to never use oil again, UK even we can supply ourselves if we just invest in that capacity; takes time but normal scenario is price unwinds from abnormal 'surprise' demand because supply is not constrained when margins allow production expansion same in every commodity.

Weather is a factor, next April you wont even need the heating absolutely you can adjust usage its a choice so I'd take the gamble but if you are 70 maybe you have to fix

Soldato
Quick question guys. My tarrif runs out end of January next year, so a few months left. Do you recommend just leaving it to roll onto the standard tariff with British gas if that happens at the end of my contract?
Fixing now seems insane but I've heard the prices will go up again in April. Think either way I'm going to have big bills next year.

Do not switch. You will go onto variable tariff at the price cap which is by far the best price right now. Yes the price cap will go up in April

Soldato
To those who were Igloo customers or any other energy firm that went bust in Sept, have you got your balance moved from there to Eon Next or whoever?

Also my first DD for EN hasn’t been added onto my account but the amount was taken from my bank account today. Other suppliers I had, the accounts were credited on the same day as DD date.

Associate
To those who were Igloo customers or any other energy firm that went bust in Sept, have you got your balance moved from there to Eon Next or whoever?

Also my first DD for EN hasn’t been added onto my account but the amount was taken from my bank account today. Other suppliers I had, the accounts were credited on the same day as DD date.

Everything is set up for me apart from my Igloo balance. Hopefully that’ll come across soon.

Soldato
Scottish power for example has a license to import gas from USA its not ideal but they can ship it over in great quantities and USA is far cheaper, we also import from Norway and Qatar so it shouldnt spike in theory.
... but the Chinese are buying up gas on world market, so, had, even, Scottish power locked in sufficient supply,
I haven't studied which of the top 6 have unshaken share prices , this should be the tell on who is hurting, they may well be building contingency funds/hedging further,
even the shortfall from those companies that have collapsed has to be distributed across the industry, so that will cost them.

-----

WHAT ARE THE REGIONAL CAPPED RATES ?
ofgem site, that I can see, seems a waste of time and doesn't say what the price cap unit costs are (on a regional basis would be nice)
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/informatio...seholds/check-if-energy-price-cap-affects-you
media just shows useless information like
The government has said there will be no change to the amount consumers pay before April, with the price cap set at £1,277 per average household

Soldato

Account got transferred but no DD setup and the credit has not being transferred.
The moment I setup the new DD for EON i cancelled the DD for Igloo as I am not paying for 2 suppliers.

Soldato
Don't fix now, in my opinion. The cap may (will?) go up next year but certainly not to the levels of fixed contracts at the moment. If there's a 50-100% increase in the cap, there will be riots.

Fun fact, I used to work with someone whose dad had done modelling for the government saying that there'd be unrest if/when petrol went over £1.

Don't discount the public appetite for apathy.

Soldato
WHAT ARE THE REGIONAL CAPPED RATES ?
ofgem site, that I can see, seems a waste of time and doesn't say what the price cap unit costs are (on a regional basis would be nice)
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/informatio...seholds/check-if-energy-price-cap-affects-you
media just shows useless information like
The government has said there will be no change to the amount consumers pay before April, with the price cap set at £1,277 per average household
capped rates -> courtesy of redit

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/defa...ap level - 1 October 2021 - 31 March 2022.pdf

Associate
Ah I see, I read it as avro would issue me my final bill ;)

It's looking a bit quiet in here…
Once Avro's administrators issue your final bill, we'll update your Octopus balance and your transfer will be complete. We'll be in touch as soon as we know more.

Caporegime
I’m confused why it matters. You aren’t getting anything back regardless of what the final bill says. It’s going into your octopus account.

avro is showing my current balance when I log in. I was due to switch to them on 29th September so my account is showing the two direct debits I’ve paid. Octopus account is showing £0 still

Soldato
Had a final bill from green. With... Ugh a mismatch on my gas reads. Which is gonna make things complicated

What date did you switch? I thought i recalled you switching after me, but i've not heard anything regarding final bill back from Green.

Did it come from Shell or via your new provider?

Associate
I’m confused why it matters. You aren’t getting anything back regardless of what the final bill says. It’s going into your octopus account.

avro is showing my current balance when I log in. I was due to switch to them on 29th September so my account is showing the two direct debits I’ve paid. Octopus account is showing £0 still

Why would I expect anything back? Octopus have taken over my account so any credit/debit will be with them now.
I asked because I need to know where my account/balance stands.

Back
Top Bottom