• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 3080 FE is still being sold in the UK, after all (edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pet Northerner
Don
you'll need to get your friend to actually pay for it too, assuming he hasn't already got a 3xxx series FE, as they only send where billing and delivery address match

I think you mean they check the address registered to the payment method - they wouldn't be able to do anything with my bank records when I pay with my mastercard

Yes, that's what I meant - just got the point over badly.

Soldato
OP
looks like you already have an 3070fe if you are trying to order another you cant the billing address needs to match
You can just change the billing address on the website I think. I have a TransferWise card (it's a Mastercard) that can be used for payments in any country, would they still check the billing address for this?

Associate
You can just change the billing address on the website I think. I have a TransferWise card (it's a Mastercard) that can be used for payments in any country, would they still check the billing address for this?
I tried changing the billing address and my card issuer declined the transaction as it didn't match. You literally need a new card, I don't think billing address is checked by the retailer but could be wrong.

Soldato
Its making me wonder if trading in my 3808 FE for a 3080ti FE for £260 would be worth it?

Given the 'value' of the FE3080 is more than the FE3080Ti I'm sure someone would, personally I'd prefer the extra RAM/Cores for actual gaming rather than mining as the mining side was simply a way to absorb some of the cost of the card and not my primary driver for purchasing said card..

Associate
Given the 'value' of the FE3080 is more than the FE3080Ti I'm sure someone would, personally I'd prefer the extra RAM/Cores for actual gaming rather than mining as the mining side was simply a way to absorb some of the cost of the card and not my primary driver for purchasing said card..

I have zero interest in mining. Just wondering if the in game performance increase of the ti would be worth the trade in +£260. I was lucky enough to get my 3080FE at RRP in the summer. I notice the said retailer include a 24 month warranty, so swapping my from new card with one of their used cards should be relatively low risk.

Soldato
OP
I think upgrades like this can be worthwhile, if they boost min FPS to 60 or above at 4K resolution. I think the RTX 3080 can already do this though in most cases.

Soldato
Dont get me wrong, the 3080 was always the card I wanted, but ended up with an FE3060Ti when they launched as I kept missing the 3080, then the rules were changed, so I ended up getting the FE3080 through a mate who I was building a PC, I don't expect I'll need more than a 3080 will give me, given my card before the 3060Ti was an RX580 and an R9-270x before that, yeah I've upgraded monitor as well this year but 3080 was always where I wanted to be £££/performance, however, if I can find someone who has a 3080Ti LHR and wants an FE3080 then I'm good with the extra 2Gb RAM and few extra cores...

Associate
71 days and counting for the 3080 and 3090FE does look like they're winding down production. There have been continental drops but who knows if these were the last lot.

I wonder how long the 2000 series founders lasted? In any case the real reason is probably the upcoming Super series cards with an RRP that will cut out lots of middle men.

The UK Founders Edition retailer is pretty strict and the billing and postal address have to match. I do wonder how the scalpers get round it and sell them on the that market place. Probably using mail forwarding services and fresh cards.

Soldato
you'll need to get your friend to actually pay for it too, assuming he hasn't already got a 3xxx series FE, as they only send where billing and delivery address match

I think you mean they check the address registered to the payment method - they wouldn't be able to do anything with my bank records when I pay with my mastercard

If you have ever bought an FE and had one delivered to your address, that address is blacklisted from buying FEs. They don't care if you have multiple computers or people living at that address who might want one.

Soldato
OP
Good news that they are still being sold, but missed that drop. Anyone know how long the RTX 3080 FEs were available for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom