Call of Duty Vanguard

Soldato
I picked this up earlier and have spent an hour on it and cannot believe how fast pace it is now (I know it’s always been relatively fast) as I got older I remember preferring Battlefield.

You could have the best aim in the world with COD but you are forever trade killed.
I hate super low TTK CODs. During the beta before people had attachments it looks like it was in a good place, but now it seems like you're playing on hardcore. COD really is going out of its way to be candyfloss to the masses.

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
Grenades and gammon bombs are particularly annoying as they make very little-to-no sound when they're being thrown/land. You end up walking along and randomly exploding out of nowhere.

Soldato
Loving the fact that all the sweaty players have jumped off of warzone to level up their guns on vanguard. Actually managed 3 wins in the last few days ! Now to look forward to getting destroyed when the new map comes out with all these players with fully leveled guns back

Associate
Played the Multiplayer trial over the weekend Vanguard nice looking game in menu and cut scenes...love the character graphics certainly see the advance of improvements & intuitive easy to navigate the menus and loadouts.... however much much prefer the maps & gameplay on Cold War. Vanguard seems to play faster + hence gameplay feels manic. Also for me on 1080p xbox one x I am having issues seeing/ focus the enemy on some of the maps & can't seem to hear the footsteps so well.
But all in a nice game & a great free trial! (much better than that awful BF2042 trial:p)

Associate
Played the Multiplayer trial over the weekend Vanguard nice looking game in menu and cut scenes...love the character graphics certainly see the advance of improvements & intuitive easy to navigate the menus and loadouts.... however much much prefer the maps & gameplay on Cold War. Vanguard seems to play faster + hence gameplay feels manic. Also for me on 1080p xbox one x I am having issues seeing/ focus the enemy on some of the maps & can't seem to hear the footsteps so well.
But all in a nice game & a great free trial! (much better than that awful BF2042 trial:p)
I've said the same to my friend about how fast the game is and how chaotic everything is.

Soldato
I also played over the weekend and had some crazy games on shipment and das Haus. A few times getting spawn trapped and constant bombarded with killsteaks that make the match pretty much unplayable!

I doubt I'll buy it, only really been tempted to level up weapons for the warzone integration anyway but it's not worth paying £60 just for that!

Associate
I also played over the weekend and had some crazy games on shipment and das Haus. A few times getting spawn trapped and constant bombarded with killsteaks that make the match pretty much unplayable!

I doubt I'll buy it, only really been tempted to level up weapons for the warzone integration anyway but it's not worth paying £60 just for that!

The game was growing on me but still came away thinking the multiplayer gameplay experience was no where as good as the previous title Cold War. Agree £60 is a crazy price will likely pick up Cold War now price dropped substantially since the vanguard release (have only played the cold war trials) Still look forward too future vanguard Trials at least is only a 30gb Download

Soldato
Personally I am enjoying the game. I like the 24-24 maps and the graphics and gameplay feel better than Cold War. Sniping doesn't feel as good as MW/Warzone and the destructible environmental options seems a bit contrived but on the whole I think it is enjoyable. Voice coms also seems much less toxic than Warzone.

Soldato
Hmm since this afternoon this has been crashing every 5 mins on the PS5. Thought it was the new SSD installed but switched back to the console storage and still crashing

Caporegime
I saw a decent summing up of todays gaming (forward to 7m ish.) and how so many titles have just been getting faster and faster each year. Who actually wants to play titles like that? I much prefer the slower more weight feel to a Cod4. I mean the shot gun clip of vanguard that has over a million views and talked about in this review would have me sending the game back. What incentive is there to make a decent game when the next one is coming in 11 months. I totally agree with his view that they are terrified to have you out of the action for more than 2 seconds, spawn die faster and faster.

I wish people would stop giving them money for this trash.

Soldato
It's the lowest performing COD game in 14 years in the UK (since the original Modern Warfare released) so perhaps people are growing tired of it. I haven't bought it mainly because I don't really care for the era its set in plus the zombies mode sounds a huge step down compared to last years efforts too.

Caporegime
The whole game industry is just the same now, not just the COD series, it's terrible.

Yeah that's the point he makes in the video. People just get the faster and faster hit and can't go back to a slower strategic gameplay we used to play for hours, like COD4 S&D. It's spawn, sprint, die, spawn, sprint, die.

Even years later I would still rather play COD4 if it wasn't cast aside for the new one and left to cheats. Modern MP gaming I find hard to embrace these days :(

The community manager for Vanguard used to be the Gears 5 manager until he was sacked, I can't get over how positive he is for the game improving as he must know full well there's no incentive for them to fix anything or work on proper balance because the shelf life is so short.

COD 4 anyone? ;)

Back
Top Bottom