**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Associate
I've taken a punt on some that come with the little M badge that's found on the original alloys. My originals will be going for refurbing next year so I would imagine that little badge falling off during the process.

Man of Honour
I've bought two sets of the no brand BMW caps on eBay before...unless closely inspecting them, cannot really differentiate them from the OEM caps.
However quality is really bad and after a winter with gritted roads the caps started to corrode and had to be replaced.

Man of Honour
Regarding the Michelin Cross Climate 2s, I've only driven about 80 miles in them so far so it's a bit early to be making judgements. However, I have noticed the car requiring a lot more micro adjustments to the steering as before, on the exact same roads. I don't know if this is attributable to the smaller wheels and tyres, the tyres being fresh out the poke or the all-season tyre type.

Never noticed that with all seasons - but I've never driven on all seasons with as low profile and large rims setup as that.

Had that with my truck awhile back was due to a mixture of a u-joint on the steering intermediate shaft having a bit of play and the rear shocks being on their way out :( cost of sometimes using it off-road though.

Caporegime
@Rroff I gave up looking at wheel and tyre packages from the one company as it was far cheaper to get them separately. Also note that there's a bit of a delay and even availability with some wheel companies.

My new 18" alloys arrived and now waiting on Kwik-Fit to come out and fit the CC2s.

y4mVxKwCARLnq4JU9VbtmTl4nsghRWf1c73kVIizpTGByyqjSyaf7Su4szGIu6x_o7UQY4-6u4L6D5jyjNebUX4P6H8t1qwuBc_rQot33Wt13k6r_Y9U7ALuHo5R24t0Lvtn-OOFKTQUvfBwmgRVqZ2Wax8sv7QTcmBztg2JkPHUlk

I just couldn't bring myself to fit steelies!

Nice, where di you buy them from pleasE?

Soldato
292 pages........
Is there a readers digest version of this thread at the moment?
I need two new tyres for the Octy vRS (225/35 R19).
Currently got Pirelli P Zero's that came from the factory. Was initially looking at the Goodyear & Michelin offerings.
Costco are currently running a Black Friday deal where you immediately get back £133 on the purchase of 4 tyres - meaning I could get:
4x Goodyear 225/35 ZR19 Eagle F1 SuperSport XL for £386.36 all fitted.

Would I regret the Goodyear option over the Michelin's?
When running the same promotion, 4x Michelin 225/35 ZR19 Pilot Sport XL would be £535.44 all fitted.
Are the Michelin's £150 better?

Caporegime
292 pages........
Is there a readers digest version of this thread at the moment?
I need two new tyres for the Octy vRS (225/35 R19).
Currently got Pirelli P Zero's that came from the factory. Was initially looking at the Goodyear & Michelin offerings.
Costco are currently running a Black Friday deal where you immediately get back £133 on the purchase of 4 tyres - meaning I could get:
4x Goodyear 225/35 ZR19 Eagle F1 SuperSport XL for £386.36 all fitted.

Would I regret the Goodyear option over the Michelin's?
When running the same promotion, 4x Michelin 225/35 ZR19 Pilot Sport XL would be £535.44 all fitted.
Are the Michelin's £150 better?
Odd to say the thread is massive. Then post a load of specific questions to you which actually will normally get answers by helpful people in here Or they could have course say ‘use the search’, especially with that terrible use of an ellipsis.

The reason this thread is so long is that there isn’t a short summary and tyres tend to be very subjective and very car/driver specific hence all the discussion about it…

But the summary from me is MPS4S win most tyre tests. They are more expensive but often last longer.

Soldato
You have a Robin Reliant ? lol
Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately) no!

Same thing happened to me with the 4 wheels and tyres I ordered from Germany. One got held up by UK customs for an extra 2 days for some reason. So I got three and then the last one 2 days later

The opposite for me, first one showed up then the other 3 the next day.

At least it's not just me then!

I've had an email from DPD saying it will come tomorrow, so not a major issue. Luckily, I wasn't planning on fitting them today.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Missus needs two new fronts for her Ibiza, 215/45 R16's.

Any black Friday deals due on Blackcircles coming up that are worth waiting for?

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a screw in my rear right today, TPMS alerted me a mile or so from home, they’re cross climate 2, so I’m preparing myself for them saying it can’t be repaired, although thankfully the screw went in directly in the middle of the tread, but it’s at an angle through one of the tread blocks, not sure if that will cause an issue?

Back
Top Bottom