• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Well my attempt to get a 3090 was a dismal failure. I was on the site within a minute of the notification but they wouldn't take my money. on credit card verification they sent a OTP to my phone, but the page was asking for a 6 digit OTP and i was sent a 5 digit one!!!

tried a debit card and when i entered the OTP it said it was incorrect.

another card accepted my details but just refused to complete the transaction.

Associate
Same. I was in the middle of making dinner. It was cold by the time I got through all the captchas and one time pass codes :cry:

Really wasn't expecting it at 8pm at night!

Me neither. I thought it'd be France or Spain as those tend to drop in the evenings. I'll actually be sad to part with this 2080, it's been a superb card. Still considering building an ITX gaming rig and putting it in there so I do have a spare. But would I ever use that rig? Probably not.

Associate
Congrats to anyone that got one that really needed one, but it seems to me not really with it this late in the day when 4000 series is just 9 months away and the supers with more vram are 3 months away

Hahaha always one to spoil the fun.

You think the 'supers' and 4000 are going to be easy to get a hold of? If they have bigger hashrates miners will be all over them leaving even less for the gamers. No guarantee that many will see a super or a 4000 in their rig for a long time.

Associate
Hahaha always one to spoil the fun.

You think the 'supers' and 4000 are going to be easy to get a hold of? If they have bigger hashrates miners will be all over them leaving even less for the gamers. No guarantee that many will see a super or a 4000 in their rig for a long time.

Exactly. I bought now because the situation is not going to improve next year, if anything it'll probably get worse.

Associate
I managed to get my hands on a 3070ti FE and had some questions about idle/load temps.

I upgraded from an Asus Pheonix RTX3060 which ran at around 32-35c idle, and about 65c under load. The new 3070ti FE idles at about 50c, and gets to 80c under load. The fans are spinning at 30% when it's idle, so it's not 0 RPM (I have afterburner installed and understand this is an afterburner bug).

Are these idle/load temps normal/fine?

The other question I have, is one of the fans isn't 'fixed' i.e if i push on it, it depresses and then moves back into place, and i'm getting an awful buzzing around 50-60% fan load, is this worth an RMA or is there any way of fixing it?

Rest of my system:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X w Corsair H115i blowing 2x140mm exhaust
16GB 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance
ASUS TUF X570 Plus WiFI
750W Corsair PSU.
Corsair AWD4000x RGB Case 3 120mm intake, 1x120mm exhaust

Associate
Never
I had no idea what to do when it just flashed up on my phone, but followed the link to the 'ahem' website and was able to purchase a 3070ti founders edition which is good enough for me. Payment taken on my card with no issue.

Never thought i'd actually be able to buy one of these. I stepped in some cat poo first thing this morning and apparently according to someone I spoke to today, it brings good luck.

Associate
Jumped on the alert the second it came in.

Went straight to payment for a 3070 Ti and it failed due to address verification. Strange. Triple checked all the details (everything was correct) tried again and it failed for the same reason.

By the time I got round to a third attempt on a different card it went out of stock.

Anyone else had similar issues? I've emailed Scan to ask what happened and why...

Associate
Jumped on the alert the second it came in.

Went straight to payment for a 3070 Ti and it failed due to address verification. Strange. Triple checked all the details (everything was correct) tried again and it failed for the same reason.

By the time I got round to a third attempt on a different card it went out of stock.

Anyone else had similar issues? I've emailed Scan to ask what happened and why...
Yes, exact same

Associate
Yeah I get that, the website was awfully slow. Shouldn't result in an address verification failure though? I ordered on the card a few mins before too...
Could it be your address on the scan profile? Didn't match either billing or shipping address? And that wouldn't normally matter as they don't double check that for regular orders

Back
Top Bottom