*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
For the small price difference the OLED one is really worth it if you haven't got one, the OLED is stunning and the bigger screen is very noticable. I had the v2 Switch with the improved battery life and wanted the OLED one because I never like the LCD screen on the Switch and the border around the screen was massive, so much wasted screen space and always found it a bit washed out personally and really bad outdoors to the point where it was extremely hard to even see it. The OLED one while still not incredible outdoors a definite improvement.

The new kick stand is really nice change as well, not something I would use much but nice to have as the original version was useless. I use my Switch in handled mode 99% of the time so it was worth the upgrade for me.

Thanks for that. I know personally I like oled much more.

I went for the oled and wish I had just waited and bought second hand once everyone was selling theirs for the newer model. Its almost always used on my TV, but even if it hadn't been, since when have Nintendo games been about being super beautiful?

2nd hand v2 is the way I'd go, if you can get a good condition one

Soldato
Decided to give Zelda breath of the wild another chance as I bought a new TV and also paid £40+ for the game. Really enjoying it now, I have two divine beast under my belt and slowly moving into the next one. I'm hoping to finish the game in time for the sequel whenever that comes out.

Associate
Anyone pick up any good games from the Nintendo sale? I grabbed Grid Autosport (plus the HD texture pack)

Picked up Dark Souls Remastered even though have had and completed on PC for ages, not a bad port and still worth it for £17.99, enjoying playing through it again, also the Diablo 2 and 3 double pack for £34.99, though had 3 on PC, I heard the Switch version is pretty good. Those 3 alone are hundreds of hours of gameplay, awesome to have handheld option for those types of game as well.

Also looking at Tony Hawks 1 and 2 and also Cruisin' Blast, both good deals around £20, finally Monster Boy remake at £8.99, not sure if will get all, but definitely Tony Hawk.

Associate
also the Diablo 2 and 3 double pack for £34.99, though had 3 on PC, I heard the Switch version is pretty good. Those 3 alone are hundreds of hours of gameplay, awesome to have handheld.

Is this on the U.K. store, I can only see a full price D3 and discounted D2 can’t see any double pack.

Associate
Is this on the U.K. store, I can only see a full price D3 and discounted D2 can’t see any double pack.

It's there but I only found it as I searched for Diablo 2 on the store search function, it comes up as Diablo Prime Evil Collection and includes both D2 remake and D3 complete edition that usally goes for £50 alone, you get both for £34.99. Pretty sweet deal.

Soldato
Just bought the switch in Tesco for £239 including mario kart.

What games are worth while?

Tempted by Zelda? Which one is best?

Also loved mario 64 back in the day, which is the mario game to go for?

Associate

I absolutely loved Mario Odyssey, one of my favourite Switch games and I've played Mario games since the Nes, not all love it but it's my favourite 3D Mario game since Mario64. I also got the Mario All Stars pack and replayed Mario64 after that, still holds up and also worth getting as has Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy on the same cart.

I loved Breath of the Wild on WiiU, supposed to be even better on Switch, also highly recommend Dark Souls and the Diablo games as well as Monster Hunter Rise.

Soldato

Mario Odyssey it's brilliant. Breath of The Wild is the best Zelda but it can be a bit marmite to some. I think it's also brilliant. Link's Awakening is a remake and its great especially if you prefer the older 2D Zelda's.

Soldato

Mario Odyssey is in my view the best mario game on the switch. Me and my kids have had our monies worth from that.

Back
Top Bottom