Hypothetical/Etheical job dilemma :P

Caporegime
Asking for a friend of course :cry:

If you were being layed off and you could bring up stuff that could potentially let you keep your job on grounds of another employees employment being given on a bad legal framework, would you fight for it?
It doesn't matter what the jobs are (its not glamourous) but it will certainly cause future resentment (potential bad relationships with other colleagues) if you get to stay over the "dubiously" employed person....

Would you do it?

Based on moral grounds i personally feel sick about it. I don't really enjoy conflict. it would be a bit like kicking a puppy or kitten. Immense fun but really not hard to do. (joke btw)
Based on "law" well they shouldn't be there, i should, so F them.... Even if it wasn't really something they personally exploited to get there did to get, the fact stands they shouldn't be there.

Don't get too professional on this situation its just more of a moral debate.
Is it just a "pussyish" or should bridges be burned, drawbridges raised, and battle commence (siege) commence...
Treat it as just 2 same for same positions for a run of the mill company. have some fun at my freinds expense too as expected.

Am i just too much of a pussy, should i care how many people i crush underfoot in my pursuit for a "skit jobb"

;)

I don't lift and I'm clearly not alpha enough.

Soldato
I guess it depends on how likely you were to walk into another job elsewhere.

If that's something that's going to be very difficult then it might be more of a consideration. Obviously i guess there's also the risk that the company just fires both of you :p

Caporegime
If you were being layed off and you could bring up stuff that could potentially let you keep your job on grounds of another employees employment being given on a bad legal framework, would you fight for it?
It doesn't matter what the jobs are (its not glamourous) but it will certainly cause future resentment (potential bad relationships with other colleagues) if you get to stay over the "dubiously" employed person....

It's not too clear what the issue is here - if you're going to be laid off/no longer working there and you really don't want that then maybe?

What's the vague legal thing about? They're an illegal immigrant who shouldn't be working there? They've lied about their qualifications? They're doing something illegal while in the role that will get them fired?

Essentially if they get fired do you get to stay?

In which case I guess how guilty you should feel depends perhaps on what they've done/how bad the illegal thing is perhaps?

Soldato
They must have a reason for trying to get rid of you. You might be able to save yourself this time but you'll just end up in the same situation again soon. I'd just save some time and go now.

Caporegime
OP
Resolved itself without issue for me.
They want to let go off me purely on a last in last out basis.
another college with less to worry about is also upset at the "injustice" of all this and is saying shes going to take it to the unions and HR etc. Real Swedish jobs worth.

Man of Honour
there's also the risk that the company just fires both of you :p
Yes, they could still make Efour redundant but also fire this other person, two birds with one stone.
They must have a reason for trying to get rid of you. You might be able to save yourself this time but you'll just end up in the same situation again soon. I'd just save some time and go now.
Yeah a troublemaker who is exploiting loopholes to try and save their own skin will have their card marked, it's already been described as a 'run of the mill' job so either you'll be stuck in that role forever or got rid of in the next round.

Back
Top Bottom