Fake batteries.. How bad are they?

Caporegime
Picked up what I think are some fake batteries. Eneloop 1900.

They were off ebay and price was maybe too good. Seller had good feedback.

So they are probably fake. But what does mean? Dangerous? Just rubbish? Not as good as rated?

Just curious if it's worth keeping them.

Soldato
it means they are cheap asian batteries of unknown quality or saftey

that is one thing to never buy on ebay, batteries

Soldato
It's impossible to tell. Could range from just as good as genuine ones to explodes and sets your house on fire.
Also can vary between batteries in a pack. Just because the first 3 worked fine doesn't mean the 4th wont kill you.

Soldato

So they are probably fake. But what does mean? Dangerous? Just rubbish? Not as good as rated?

What makes you think they are fake apart from the price being too good and ebay ?

Also if cheap price & ebay = fake, then why did you buy cheap ones off ebay if you were automatically going to assume they're all fake ? :cry:

Soldato
Been looking to pick up some extra 18v Makita LXT batteries for my circular saw, and Amazon seems to be awash with 3rd party batteries, that are advertised as such, but also some that seem to be passing themselves off as genuine Makita batteries, even though the price is too good to be true.

About the best way I can find is to buy a kit from Screwfix, that has 2 x 5.0Ah batteries, a rapid charger, and a drill (albeit a really low end one) for £149.99. Don’t need the drill, but you’re getting that and the charger for £5 effectively.

Caporegime

How cheap? IIRC last time I bought some they were about £6 for 4.

And that was from a legit seller who also had an eBay shop (BatteryLogic).

e: Yikes they've gone up a lot since then. £11 for 4 now :o

Caporegime
OP
I think they are fake as there's a line of text on battery that isn't in line with most of the pics. It's slightly off centre

I bought them from there as to be honest I didn't know where to guarantee genuine!

Least if cheap and fake better than rrp and fake!

Back
Top Bottom