Police incompetence when dealing with sex gangs.

Soldato
And you also have the police making multiple arrests, going through large amounts of potential evidence and ultimately concluding they can't meet the required evidential standard to charge them.

That's not indicative of under funding.

How social services can lose track of young girls to the extent they are trafficked and exploited over a number of years, only to that then be investigated with lines of enquiry long lost due to lack of things being picked up in due time, is almost certainly due to lack of resources.

Don’t take it from me though.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/award-winning-policeman-blasts-theresa-over-5728171

I’ve had my fair share of disagreements with 5-0 over the years, but to say that in the past 10 they haven’t utterly been utterly devastated in resources is incorrect and I feel sorry for them. People are being abused, killed and raped needlessly due to the sorry state our government has put our social services and policing in.

Soldato
Do you think central government has a lot of involvement with Policing? They delegate funding to local councils.

PCCs are responsible for budgets but the majority of the funding comes from the Home Office, topped up by other national funding programmes e.g. CT, County Lines etc.

Soldato
Do you think central government has a lot of involvement with Policing? They delegate funding to local councils. Boris Johnson has nothing to do with what the Police spend their time on.

Tory austerity resulted in the loss of 20,000 experienced officers as well as additional staff that meant officers could get on with policing.

They have now attempted to reverse this by starting a recruitment drive, but it’s too little and too late, as inexperienced officers are no real replacement.

Soldato
You're literally ignoring the fact that the Police and councils have been aware of instances of this going on and literally ignored it, covered it up, and silenced whistle blowers. You're then choosing to blame national government who actually had to directly intervene and remove local councilors who were found to be covering it up. Blaming the Tories is lazy and actually just incorrect. The Police in my area brag about arresting local people for selling marijuana in the year 2021 while kids vandalise local businesses, the Police also seemingly have money to chase down people on Twitter for saying bad words, yet when it comes to child sex offenders suddenly funding's a problem and it's the Tories fault, bore off.

The Home Secretary has input in the Police Service. The gov of the day controls the majority of their budget. When you take over 20k police out of service it doesn't take a genius to understand that is going to effect criminal investigations. No one said police and local councils aren't also to blame, the point was that this gov has slashed police numbers. They have defunded the police. Something I'm fairly sure you have been outraged at the left for. You really want to give a pass to this incompetent lot on their record of backing the police in the last 10 years? Bore off yourself.

Man of Honour
What am I blaming something on, could you be specific?

Blaming the Tories is lazy and actually just incorrect.

While I'd agree they aren't solely to blame, why wouldn't you criticise them for actions (or inaction) that has allowed stuff like this to happen and seemingly continue?

It's a failure of social services and police, both of which central government are ultimately responsible for.

Soldato
Tory austerity resulted in the loss of 20,000 experienced officers as well as additional staff that meant officers could get on with policing.

They have now attempted to reverse this by starting a recruitment drive, but it’s too little and too late, as inexperienced officers are no real replacement.

Not only that but some of their recruiting is a joke. A friend of mine recently finished training and is now in the MET. He's 53 years old, 6'4" and has spent the majority of his life as a night club bouncer and security guard at Camden Market. He's a nice guy but a million miles from a genius. He's great if you want to intimidate someone or kick their door in. Even his own siblings can't understand why the hell they hired him.

Man of Honour
How social services can lose track of young girls to the extent they are trafficked and exploited over a number of years, only to that then be investigated with lines of enquiry long lost due to lack of things being picked up in due time, is almost certainly due to lack of resources.

Don’t take it from me though.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/award-winning-policeman-blasts-theresa-over-5728171

I’ve had my fair share of disagreements with 5-0 over the years, but to say that in the past 10 they haven’t utterly been utterly devastated in resources is incorrect and I feel sorry for them. People are being abused, killed and raped needlessly due to the sorry state our government has put our social services and policing in.

Social services have been useless for years, this isn't new, nor is it solely funding related. Funding changes do make a good excuse though when challenged on poor performance, especially if it meets the narrative that suits.

Likewise the police figures are not as simple as you claim, although they have undeniably fallen at the headline level, actual impacts vary significantly by area and role, not to mention is was just regression to the mean in action.

https://fullfact.org/crime/police-numbers/

What I dispute though, is the idea that simply raising funding from the state for law enforcement and the like would result in a miraculous shift in outcomes, because these problems are long term, have existed through both high and low funding and so on.

Ideally, stopping people falling into these situations should be prioritised over trying to clean up the mess afterwards, and that most definitely goes far deeper than simply throwing money at things.

There are also genuine discussions that could be had about freedoms versus risk, privacy versus justice and so on that all get masked by the 'evil Tories cutting money' narrative.

Note this isn't a defence of the Tories, nor is it a claim that more money, well spent, won't help, but it is about focusing on actually trying to improve the lives of vulnerable people.

Soldato
The Home Secretary has input in the Police Service. The gov of the day controls the majority of their budget. When you take over 20k police out of service it doesn't take a genius to understand that is going to effect criminal investigations. No one said police and local councils aren't also to blame, the point was that this gov has slashed police numbers. They have defunded the police. Something I'm fairly sure you have been outraged at the left for. You really want to give a pass to this incompetent lot on their record of backing the police in the last 10 years? Bore off yourself.

If the Police knew about it, and chose to ignore it, how would having more officers help? It's not a lack of resources.

Soldato
There is a lot of corruption in local government that keeps this stuff underwraps.

There is a Muslim guy in my area exposing it, and the council corruption, with physical evidence, letters between the cops and the councillors etc.

Needless to say the guy is a marked man by some people in high places.

Soldato
If the Police knew about it, and chose to ignore it, how would having more officers help? It's not a lack of resources.

If you have more officers you have greater man power to tackle a wide range of crimes. You'll have more officers working in this field of crime, more to work with social services and non profits supporting people effected by this type of crimes. More chance of victims being interviewed. Then there is more chance of it being bought to the attention of senior officers or leaked it to the press if they felt nothing was being done. Maybe some girls could have been saved from this horror. The idea that less police is a good thing or defendable is laughable. I guess we won't be seeing you posting anything about others calling for defunding of the police again. Clearly when its here and done by the Tories its fine.

Soldato
If you have more officers you have greater man power to tackle a wide range of crimes. You'll have more officers working in this field of crime, more to work with social services and non profits supporting people effected by this type of crimes. More chance of victims being interviewed. Then there is more chance of it being bought to the attention of senior officers or leaked it to the press if they felt nothing was being done. Maybe some girls could have been saved from this horror. The idea that less police is a good thing or defendable is laughable. I guess we won't be seeing you posting anything about others calling for defunding of the police again. Clearly when its here and done by the Tories its fine.
Not sure how you can spew this rhetoric given the historic neglect of crimes of this nature, what are we upto now, 40 odd years of wide scale abuse ignored by the police force because they dont want to be labelled as racist?

But yeah blame the budget (isnt this years the most ever spent?), they sure do have unlimited money when it comes to finding someones mean tweet though!

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

Reality is it easy to blame poor process and inept cops. Rather that than a scandal that cops are involved and paid.
Reality is these groom gangs and pimped paddocks of available girls is rife. Rife as it always has been as it makes money and is in huge demand.

It is a business.

Soldato
Soldato
Not sure how you can spew this rhetoric given the historic neglect of crimes of this nature, what are we upto now, 40 odd years of wide scale abuse ignored by the police force because they dont want to be labelled as racist?

But yeah blame the budget (isnt this years the most ever spent?), they sure do have unlimited money when it comes to finding someones mean tweet though!

I can spew that rhetoric as you put it because of the rhetoric he spews. Now the tables are turned and it isn't the Tories fault, this government isn't too blame. What have they done to change practices in the police since these scandals broke? How much more money have they given? Oh they might have thrown some money at the police this year but what about 2010 to 2018? When they decimated police number, when they defunded the police. The fact this has been happening forever and has been front and centre of public outrage for the last 10 years and they've still done nothing makes it even worse. But no they shouldn't be criticised, you just give them a pass. No wonder we end up with the same idiots in charge. Laughable.

Caporegime

In one you have deliberate ignoring of crime and lack of reporting by multiple agencies,

These would be 20,000 officers of the ilk who ignored crime and failed to report?

New officers may be the only way to remove the previous culture. A fire break to the corruption

Soldato
OP
Yeah why not just rock up at court with no hard evidence against the accused.

That'll prove they're competent won't it.

Yeah because two different people accusing at least one of them about this plus her injuries and her obviously made up diary showing what went on are just pie in the sky.

Now imagine it was your daughter, would you be so brash with that no evidence statement? What evidence would you require exactly? A written and signed confession from the rapists of what he did?

Soldato
Yeah because two different people accusing at least one of them about this plus her injuries and her obviously made up diary showing what went on are just pie in the sky.

Now imagine it was your daughter, would you be so brash with that no evidence statement? What evidence would you require exactly? A written and signed confession from the rapists of what he did?

Imagine it's my daughter? What do you want to hear, that I'm going to chuck logic in the bin and fully agree from my armchair that there's enough evidence to convict someone?

There's a thousand pages of evidence and none of it appears to be hard evidence connecting X person to Y crime.

Do you not understand that if I dragged YOU into court with 1000 pages of how I say you're a bad person it's going to get thrown out because 1000 pages of me talking doesn't prove you committed a crime. All you need to say is nothing and my case falls over because I'm not proving anything.

Back
Top Bottom