Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
OP
Working on three starring all the signs/zones. Fine the danger but a bit stuck on a stored trap is the one near the ruins :(. Been using the Jesko or RS200 depending on the terrain.

Soldato
Working on three starring all the signs/zones. Fine the danger but a bit stuck on a stored trap is the one near the ruins :(. Been using the Jesko or RS200 depending on the terrain.

I used the sesto elemento with offroad tyres for that one, seemd to be one of the only cars that could accellerate quick enough to 3 star that trap.

Last edited:
Soldato

I did them all in a fully tuned Jesko or RS200 so it’s possible with them.

Are you on about Cado Del Rio? The one in the middle of the river? It doesn’t really look it but I found it easier to come from the south as the run isn’t as straight but I always found the jump a problem.

My RS200 has the V8 conversion, supercharger and I added the race gearbox and lengthened the final drive as I needed the extra top end to get one of the xp signs.

Edit: Finally figured out you have to sesrch for your own tune to get it’s share code. My RS200 is 142 719 188. I take that speed trap from the south, take the left hander out the village in 5th and taking it tight enough you can almost take it straight to speed trap, change up to 6th just before the trap and it should get you in tge high 130’s low 140’s

Edit 2: Or just start from above the tarmac road to the south and drice through the plantation. Just set a new pb that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
I cannot for the life of me beat "when it rains it pours" Tried with a porsche cayman using off road race tyres and up to the spec limits ( A 800 I think)

I did it with an Audi TT, offroad racing tyres and a few power mods to make it dead on A800. It wasn’t easy peasy but didn’t seem too hard to beat either

Soldato
OP
I did them all in a fully tuned Jesko or RS200 so it’s possible with them.

Are you on about Cado Del Rio? The one in the middle of the river? It doesn’t really look it but I found it easier to come from the south as the run isn’t as straight but I always found the jump a problem.

My RS200 has the V8 conversion, supercharger and I added the race gearbox and lengthened the final drive as I needed the extra top end to get one of the xp signs.

Edit: Finally figured out you have to sesrch for your own tune to get it’s share code. My RS200 is 142 719 188. I take that speed trap from the south, take the left hander out the village in 5th and taking it tight enough you can almost take it straight to speed trap, change up to 6th just before the trap and it should get you in tge high 130’s low 140’s

Edit 2: Or just start from above the tarmac road to the south and drice through the plantation. Just set a new pb that way.

'pyramid of the sun' speed trap. Not gone back to it for about a week but could feel myself ready to launch the controller at the wall so had a break :)

Soldato
'pyramid of the sun' speed trap. Not gone back to it for about a week but could feel myself ready to launch the controller at the wall so had a break :)

Well that was a waste of time posting then :D

Pyramid of the sun is another easy one though, start at the tarmac road that runs east/west to the south of the dirt road

https://imgur.com/a/obqMMxE

You can then straight line it to the speed trap. There’s a few trees to avoid but not enough to make it massively difficult.

Soldato
OP
Well that was a waste of time posting then :D

Pyramid of the sun is another easy one though, start at the tarmac road that runs east/west to the south of the dirt road

https://imgur.com/a/obqMMxE

You can then straight line it to the speed trap. There’s a few trees to avoid but not enough to make it massively difficult.

Think I tried that but the car kept hitting something and bouncing, just got me madder and madder. As with most games will probably give it a go tomorrow and do it first go :D

Cheers for the help :)

Soldato
Weirdly I'm the opposite, I'm enjoying this far more then FH4. I don't know why but I lost interest in FH4 after maybe 20 hours but I'm at 2x or 3x that already in 5. Maybe it's because I didn't play a lot of FH4 though, as I imagine if you did then 5 feels quite similar so less interesting.

Has anyone managed to complete the weekly challenge with the 2 teams and you score 100 points for each driver of the opponents team you beat (I've forgotten what it's called). The AI seem so ridiculously fast! Previously weeks have been relatively easy and even in races where I've missed a checkpoint I've managed to come midpack and score a some points. This week though, even in my best race I've only managed 3rd and that was only because with 4WD I managed to jump a lot of place at the start but I had no chance of catching the 2 lead AI.

Soldato
Has anyone managed to complete the weekly challenge with the 2 teams and you score 100 points for each driver of the opponents team you beat (I've forgotten what it's called). The AI seem so ridiculously fast! Previously weeks have been relatively easy and even in races where I've missed a checkpoint I've managed to come midpack and score a some points. This week though, even in my best race I've only managed 3rd and that was only because with 4WD I managed to jump a lot of place at the start but I had no chance of catching the 2 lead AI.

Your team only has to win 2 of the 3 races and you dont need anybody in first place to do it, you just need enough of your team ahead of enough of theirs. Sometimes its easier if you only have 1 or two decent drivers in your team as you dont have to rely on straglers and the points rewarded are increased. Sometimes the opposition has members that you just cant realistically catch but again you dont always need to. Those races are supposed to be difficult as the AI is set to unbeatable so just keep trying.

I used a maxed out 4WD senna. won the first race, came 3rd in the second. Was 1st in my team both times and that was enough to win the series but i still could have easily lost if the rest of my team wasnt up to the job.

Soldato
Yeah, I was using a maxxed 4WD Senna too. I've tried it 3 times so far, each time I've 2 or 3 team mates finish at the back and score 0 points. I guess I'll have to keep trying until I get some reasonable team mates then.

Soldato
A tip for anyone collecting XP boards, now is the time yo get the one on the ruins in the midde of the lake/reservoir as it’s empty. So you only need to make a tiny jump rather than one of a few hundred metres.

Associate
Not sure i completely understand this game lol i have done all the road and off road races that are on the map, i still have the story bits to do,but then what? is that it finished? horizon 4 took me an absolute age to complete all the races on the map, im not even sure i did
also when the season changed it would go into a cut scene and tell you when you booted up the game, this hasnt happened to me once yet in this one? weather has basically stayed the same since the day i bought it, didnt a load more road and off road races
used to ping up on the map with the change of every season in fh4? im a bit lost at the moment lol

Soldato
I only had one crash recently, when putting a rollcage on a 200SX. Been smooth sailing for me apart from that.

Edit: Wheely good fun.

q5hKVWI.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom