I would never pre-order a game, except...

Soldato
currently tiny tina's wonderlands and the elder scrolls 6 are the only games on my list that i'd consider pre-ordering.

likely won't play either immediately on release, and i don't trust them to not need bugfixing (especially with bethesda.....) but i do trust that i'll eventually end up sinking enough hours in that i'm happy with the pre-order price being value for money (by my own personal standards of what £ per hour of entertainment is good value).

you could argue it's dumb to do it that way, especially seeing as i rarely actually play on release (eg took me a year to get around to bl3) and you'd have a very strong point, but on the flipside if that extra money is profit to the developers then it'll motivate them to keep making games that i like playing.

most titles i tend to just wait for sales, especially if it's an unknown quantity that i might not like or play enough to justify the price, also means missing the infurating "want to play this but need to wait for the patch to fix whatever game-breaking bug is present"

Soldato
That’s gone be on gamepass at launch you know

Yeah, but content carries forward in TW:W. Many of us have a lot of content from the first two games on Steam already, so a Steam purchase is inevitable. The Game Pass release could stop me from pre-ordering though - it just depends how much content can be carried forward from the first two games at launch.

Soldato
Genuine question:
Why pre-order a digital item? I get a phyical thing with limited stock availibility but a game with unlimited supply I dont understand the need to jump in without knowing, whats the point of pre-ordering other than some utterly worthless skins, other ingame tat or 10% off rrp?

Maybe I'm old but I just dont get the benefit to the consumer of pre-ordering, it seems like a one sided benefit all leaning towards the publisher / developer...

Back
Top Bottom