Sit-Stand desk purchase...

Associate
Hi,

I am looking for a sit-stand motorized desk.
Size is approximately 140x80cm, 55x32 inches, can adjust to bigger, very unwilling to shrink that significantly.
Price - let's say around £500-600..

So far I have two candidates:
Autonomous SmartDesk Core (53x29inches) - £539
FlexiSpot E8 (140x70) - £550

Those are prices before Black Friday discounts.

Do you know anything else that I should look at?
BTW: not expert in subject, if you know what to look/avoid, let me know pls..

Edit:
Usecase: I have a Logitech G29 steering wheel and Logitech G910 keyboard - want to be able to attach wheel with enough stability on low height to 'feel good vibration'..
Desktop tower will be located on separate desk, but will have both monitors, keyboard/mice and steering wheel(when necesary).

regards

Last edited:
Associate
You could have a look at ergo desks, but you have found some of the best well known electric height adjustable standing desks on the market for the price your looking at spending. I would go with the flexispot e8. Currently it's cheaper. £520 plus an additional 26% off with a code. also you get 3 years warranty on the motors and 5 years on the rest but only 3 years across the whole desk with autonomous smartdesk. Also the flexi spot is a little bigger for your money 140cm vs 135cm of the autonomous :)

nam

nam

Soldato
my work have provided me the Herman Miller nevi 1200×800. What's the equivalent of this sit stand electric desk?

https://www.wellworking.co.uk/desks-c10/sit-stand-c46/herman-miller-nevi-sit-stand-desk-p1920?

20220127-143427.jpg

Soldato
I got a sit stand frame from Bazos shop for £180 and a desktop from the flat pack furniture shop for £60. 140x80cm. Works perfectly. The stand can support much much wider table top. I think 2.5m. But depend on the table top, if solid wood they can cantilever quite a bit at the ends

nam

nam

Soldato
got some slim gas lift arms today, very sturdy and two separate arms are definitely the way to go for 27" screens makes a very clean and tidy look and very flush against the wall without overhang.

20220129-142910.jpg

20220129-150041.jpg

Associate
And Flexispot won. Delivery around 20th Dec hurts, but more than 130 pounds difference is what it is

How is the Flexispot working out after 1-2 months of use? Is there much wobble or sway when standing? Are the feet on the legs adjustable for uneven floors?

Associate
OP
In nutshell: satisfied customer.
Baring idiotic delivery method that is - 3 separate boxes with 3 different parts delivered by 3 separate courier runs... They said top is on back-order, but sending feets, cable tray and top independently was little stupid..

In more details:
Legs are not adjustable, they are just big plastico-rubber-ish flat feets.
No wobble at all, it is sturdy as hell.. Have no comparison on noise related to different motorised desks, so cannot comment, but for those few seconds they are actually required when in use - couldn't be bottered to complain even if they would end up being louder than competition...

I am adjusting it to 3 different positions - very low indeed for casual movie watching when I am reclined in chair, normal sitting working position and working when standing - no complaints at all. Obstruction sensors working fine, table surface is leaving fingerprint smudges, but not bothered by that and I have space for reasonably sized mousepad, Logitech G910 full-size keyboard on one side with plenty more space on other to have steering wheel attached most of the time and not getting in way..Have high-refresh monitor on left side, so when I play racing I can just turn it towards steering wheel and it's facing me direct. It makes me sit little off-center but since bought different monitor models with different usecases in mind in first place it doesn't bother me at all.

Desk size - I went for biggest one, 140x80 or 140x70, can't remember, but it's plenty enough for two monitors. Feet distance is adjustable during install, and they are getting installed just under 10cm away from table edge, so some overhang is present.

Overall - like it a lot. It was present for 50th birthday and it's worth it :)

Back
Top Bottom