Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I've noticed a "screen call" button now appears whenever my phone rings.

I'm not noticing a difference between pressing it, and pressing the green button? It just basically answers the phone and puts me on speaker. Whilst in this mode, I am not able to press either the red or green buttons. Looks like it's broken?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've noticed a "screen call" button now appears whenever my phone rings.

I'm not noticing a difference between pressing it, and pressing the green button? It just basically answers the phone and puts me on speaker. Whilst in this mode, I am not able to press either the red or green buttons. Looks like it's broken?

Yeah it's supposed to forward the caller to an automated voice explaining that you're screening calls and telling them that they need to explain who they are etc.

Maybe check the settings in the phone app?

Soldato
Yeah it's supposed to forward the caller to an automated voice explaining that you're screening calls and telling them that they need to explain who they are etc.

Maybe check the settings in the phone app?

There's not much in settings. Just two voices you can select.

:edit: Managed to get it working. Despite what it says, you need to be on WiFi the first time you use it. Then it seems to work on 4G.

Last edited:
Soldato
My headphones turned up. Offering them around on various WhatsApp mates groups for £150 I would keep but have lasts year's ones and my old man wants a ring door bell for Christmas not headphones :D

Soldato
if anyone else tries the bose 700s on a teams, slack, zoom etc call can you let me know how you get on? :) just out of interest. I'd really like to use them but if mic quality is crap then they'll be parked up for music only.

Soldato
if anyone else tries the bose 700s on a teams, slack, zoom etc call can you let me know how you get on? :) just out of interest. I'd really like to use them but if mic quality is crap then they'll be parked up for music only.

Switched to the 700s this morning and asked my boss on Teams how I was coming through and he said 'loud and clear'. This is connected to a Macbook via bluetooth.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's not much in settings. Just two voices you can select.

:edit: Managed to get it working. Despite what it says, you need to be on WiFi the first time you use it. Then it seems to work on 4G.

Ahhh... Thanks for that. I have tried to get this working and I also had the greyed out buttons after pressing screen call but I was on 4G (set it up on WiFi but never use it on WiFi the first time yet)

I'll give it a try.

Soldato
Ahhh... Thanks for that. I have tried to get this working and I also had the greyed out buttons after pressing screen call but I was on 4G (set it up on WiFi but never use it on WiFi the first time yet)

I'll give it a try.

It's fantastic. I get a lot of sales calls since some muppet gave out my personal number at work. Seems to have found its way to every company going.
They all hang up when they get to the "google call screening service" part :cry:

Soldato
Sold my headphones within 2 hours of arrival for £200 on marketplace.
Was definitely thinking I'd keep mine, but at 200 that's tempting to have a go selling them.. I needed new headphones so was glad to get them but would never have paid rrp and would be happy to sell for 200 and buy some phillips or something for 60-70 odd. Mind you I have tried them out and they are very comfortable and nice to use. Though setup was a pita and I don't actually rate the sound quality that highly. Though the NC is really good and that's something I need for listening on the tube or other loud places. Decisions..

Soldato
What's the opinion on the pixel 6 then? Is it worth the money? My OnePlus 7pro won't be getting updates much longer, so I'm mulling over what to get next. May just wait until next year to see what gets released.
For 600 quid it's a great phone. Great battery, great camera, decent screen, speakers etc.. Only con is the rubbish FPS

Soldato
What's the opinion on the pixel 6 then? Is it worth the money? My OnePlus 7pro won't be getting updates much longer, so I'm mulling over what to get next. May just wait until next year to see what gets released.

What do you mainly use the phone for? I moved from the 7T Pro to the 6 Pro and overall been happy with the move. Notifications arrive on time, apps aren't suddenly killed in the background and battery life is significantly longer. I do miss the full display and OP's full screen gestures but it's not too much of a negative.

Soldato
What do you mainly use the phone for? I moved from the 7T Pro to the 6 Pro and overall been happy with the move. Notifications arrive on time, apps aren't suddenly killed in the background and battery life is significantly longer. I do miss the full display and OP's full screen gestures but it's not too much of a negative.

General usage really, definitely not a mobile gamer. I still like the 7pro, although the auto brightness drives me mad. The full screen was one of the main reasons I went for it, but doesn't seem to be many phones with this currently. Punch hole is much better than a notch though.

Back
Top Bottom