Top cashback/QuidCo

Soldato
600 for doing my mortgage through Habito and then a further 500 quid cashback from the provider itself :D

The Habito one was great as it was totally free and took away the headache of a product I was intended to get off the market anyway.

Soldato
Regular user here too. I used to get huge amounts when switching providers for things like gas, electricity, Internet etc but they seemed to have tapered off a bit of late. Still use it though and have earned just shy of 2k over the last 10 years or so.

Soldato
I'll use it on tiny transactions as well, it all add's up, little and often can end up as much as some big ticket purchases.

Recent small transactions from last few weeks are 31p - Just Eat, 74p - Ocuk competitor, 4p - Kinguin

Then I have regular ones like my quarterly contact lenses where I get around £8 back on a £65 spend.

Soldato
I know a lot of people that don't use it, either they can't be bothered or they are not that financially conscious.

I've been using it for years and got over £5k back but I'm extremely frugal and even use cashback food apps like Checkout Smart, Shopmium etc

Soldato
Then I have regular ones like my quarterly contact lenses where I get around £8 back on a £65 spend.

Ah now this one is interesting, do you mind saying what company this is? Is it an indefinite deal as long as you stay with them? Was the price the cheapest on the market without the deal? I pay £33 a month for my daily lenses.

Soldato
I use TopCashback + Amazon credit card for as much as possible (especially utility/insurance renewals).

Loads of people aren’t aware or don’t like free money though, and it’s definitely something you have to remember to do.

Soldato
Ah now this one is interesting, do you mind saying what company this is? Is it an indefinite deal as long as you stay with them? Was the price the cheapest on the market without the deal? I pay £33 a month for my daily lenses.

No problem, it's Feel Good Contacts, been my go to for about 3 years now, the rates fluctuate a little from 6 up to almost 12% at times for existing customers. No deal needed, just buy as regularly as you need/want.

Currently TCB is doing 14% for new customers so if you were to buy a years worth at once, that's a good chunk back.

Soldato
I've had the Honey browser extension since whenever it came out, but I rarely get any savings and then only a couple of quid.
At best, I get a few points and have pretty much earned myself a tenner, now... and contrary to the marketing guff, Honey on Amazon never EVER yields anything for me.
We have a work scheme as well, but it's one of many generic corporate employee discount schemes, which are all basically the same, and my wife's MoD benefits are usually way better.

I've been using it for years and got over £5k back but I'm extremely frugal and even use cashback food apps like Checkout Smart, Shopmium etc
Genuine respect for your achievements.... but by the time I've calculated out the carb-sugar ratios, net calorific values, carbon footprint impact rates per head of populations, and all the other things, the idea of having to then trawl around different apps looking for 5p savings vs price matches on branded foods is enough to make me want to hurt someone.
I already do **** like that for a living - I don't need it to be how I actually live, as well!! :D

Soldato
I used Quidco for PIA Internet, 3 years of VPN for like 20 quid it worked out at after cashback, got about 145 quid on there at the moment, also got 130 quid cashback on Natwest with their rewards.

Soldato
I used Quidco for PIA Internet, 3 years of VPN for like 20 quid it worked out at after cashback, got about 145 quid on there at the moment, also got 130 quid cashback on Natwest with their rewards.
Make sure you don't inadvertently sign up to premium and lose a fiver without realising (if you don't want it of course). I typically cash it out ASAP.

Soldato
Make sure you don't inadvertently sign up to premium and lose a fiver without realising (if you don't want it of course). I typically cash it out ASAP.

I am on premium, signed up ages ago, thought it was a good option for getting quicker cashback.

Worth cancelling it then?

Just seen this checkout smart, that seems good, can get a list of stuff on there that I might want, go buy it and get some money back, seems mad easy to get cash back.

Soldato
I am on premium, signed up ages ago, thought it was a good option for getting quicker cashback.

Worth cancelling it then?

Just seen this checkout smart, that seems good, can get a list of stuff on there that I might want, go buy it and get some money back, seems mad easy to get cash back.
I think it is worth it but I am a super regular (£2.2k+ to date) and it helps to push through some of those slow to acknowledge ones. I had read your post as in you weren't a regular so wouldn't make use of it. I envy I pay it but I think I have done for the last few years!

Soldato
Using these sites, even when the cashback pays out, doesn't always give you the cheapest net price.

Always worth visiting stores directly and through cashback sites to see price differences.

Pretty much this. I used to use them both quite religiously. But comparison sites cottoned on, and majority of the time I find a better deal through a comparison site than the default price minus the cashback.

Back
Top Bottom