Pro Cycling Discussion 2021

Soldato
Anyone watching the track cycling world champs on the red button? Katie Archibald will be looking to complete her dominance in the omnium. She's won 3 out of 3 events won so far. Just the points race to go.

Soldato
OP
Belgians are just as good playing the team game in cx as they are on the road in the euro u23 cx race.:D:D
It's like they don't even talk about what to do if they have another rider with them and just assume they'll be blowing everyone off their wheels...
Zoe backstedt backing up her road title with European junior title too today! Some rider! Cam Mason up in the front group in u23 but just did too much early on!

Soldato
So i've heard on the grapevine that Ineos are going to be starting a proper CX team initially with 4 riders, Pidcock, Tullett and 2 others although not entirely sure who, and I believe to be a UCI team they need to have one woman too, so interested to see who signs up with them. Also sounds like Thomas isn't going to be extended but again not heard where he is going after. Connor swift is likely to be announced shortly too.
Any more about this? Actually find it really interesting and would actually be pretty interested to see how some of the other Ineos riders did in real CX racing. Really excited to see how Connor Swift does with them, he's a superb rider and a really likeable modest character. Hope he's able to shine and fly the British flag a little.

The Belgian fans asking Ganna to slow down was amazing haha.
Haha yeah that was great, really made me laugh too!

Colbrelli's P-R performance was at least slightly more on brand than winning mountain stages but there's no doubt he's gone up a level this year to make the attack he did and then comfortably hang with van der Poel. He never really looked in trouble and rode a smart race. I think van der Poel was too concerned with staying away from the following group and cooked himself whereas Colbrelli backed his sprint either way.
MVDP seems to gas himself staying away from chasers without really caring too much about how hard he works the group with him, usually meaning they sit on him. One of the few tactical flaws he has. But with his kick and sprint he just has confidence and backs himself against even more pure sprinters, like Colbrelli. But it was a close finish and really could have gone either way.

Do agree about his performance, he had a bit of a breakout year, which I hope is just them getting his training spot on as he seemed to peak form when he needed it. But that was a win nobody likely had him down for... Would've been a good wildcard to have a £5 on! :rolleyes:

That finish at the British crit champs...both mens and womens for different reasons!
Insane wasn't it. Hayter has been superb but he's a weird one to watch - he doesn't really 'look' like a sprinter, his body position is very good, but he never seems to look like he's putting effort in to go 'fast', when he clearly is/was one of the fastest out there. Womens one she just rode away and stayed away. Superb riding, but wasn't there a massive pile up at the end from the bunch behind? I recall something like that but could've been the road race?

Anyone watching the track cycling world champs on the red button? Katie Archibald will be looking to complete her dominance in the omnium. She's won 3 out of 3 events won so far. Just the points race to go.
Tried to watch it on GCN a few times but just found it quite boring, same with the CX really. Something to put on in the background as the racing doesn't really catch my attention like the road.

Soldato
OP
Any more about this? Actually find it really interesting and would actually be pretty interested to see how some of the other Ineos riders did in real CX racing. Really excited to see how Connor Swift does with them, he's a superb rider and a really likeable modest character. Hope he's able to shine and fly the British flag a little.

Well Ben Turner and Tullett both confirmed signings, but not sure who the 4th would be. Although sounds as though Tullett is skipping CX again this year. Sorry have i missed something with Connor Swift? He's at arkea Samsic again next year isn't he?

Back
Top Bottom