*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Probably a good idea to get it setup and at least First Steps installed before christmas, otherwise it'll be one of those presents that you get excited about but can't use for an hour or two whilst setup is going on!
Make sure the lenses are alright too whilst you can return it.
That and it gives you an excuse to have a play :D.

Yeah I have 3 days off in a week or so as its our turn for Christmas day so I can imagine I need to set it up before the day. Also need to see if you can still sideload stuff so I can load Beat Saber with your own music.
Give me something to read through (and this thread) whilst bored WFH.

i wear glasses (with a very high prescription)
i use the VR Cover interface and i do not have the Quest 2 prescription lenses, works ok for me using the GOMVR strap from Ali Express

Think I had a VR Cover interface for the Quest 1 they were a bit hard to get hold of.

update: managed to recover my Oculus account and there about 12 games in there so dont have to buy Beat Saber etc again. Been reading through last 10 pages and forgot it took me a while to get my VR legs too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Something has updated and now Airlink and Link don't work for me any more - at least not reliably.
I can connect OK, and I see about a second of the Oculus Home PC app logo before the screen goes blank.
Sometimes I can start a game via Oculus home on the PC and it works but more often than not it doesn't. :mad:
It used to be 100% reliable.
I've not made any changes to my PC, so I can only assume it's the latest Oculus Quest firmware update, or a driver issue.

Associate
I have to change bitrate in oculus debug tool back to 0 when I try airlink, rather than the 400 or so I use tethered. Guess you’ve checked that?

Soldato
Something has updated and now Airlink and Link don't work for me any more - at least not reliably.
I can connect OK, and I see about a second of the Oculus Home PC app logo before the screen goes blank.
Sometimes I can start a game via Oculus home on the PC and it works but more often than not it doesn't. :mad:
It used to be 100% reliable.
I've not made any changes to my PC, so I can only assume it's the latest Oculus Quest firmware update, or a driver issue.

Sometimes updates get corrupt. So you might need a factory reset. Or, you might have a mismatch between your PC and Quest airlink version that's causing the problems.

I will check mine later and get back to you. If it's a general problem might be something they are trying out that failed. Remember it's still in Beta.

Soldato
Ok there wasn't much point in my tests because mine hasn't updated yet.

But, I tried airlink anyway since I got a 6900XT lately and wanted to see what it was like. It's terrible on the 6900XT. I am surprised at how bad it actually is.

I am using the same graphical settings in games and the Oculus App as I was using on my 2070 super. Yet over airlink and link cable the 6900xt looks way worse than the 2070 Super.

Virtual desktop is really the only option if you have an AMD card.

Soldato
I'd forgotten I had virtual desktop. I'll give that a try. I prefer Airlink for Oculus published games generally as it tended (until now) to work better.

Soldato
I picked up a fair bit in the sales.

Robo recall unplugged
Pistol whip
walkabout mini golf

And I got hand physics lab last week on daily deal.

Wanted 11 table tennis on sale but still isn't. I'll grab it when one of my 3 referrals land ... 66 quid credit pending.

Associate
Got one of these a few weeks back now. It's rejuvenated my love for VR. Going back to wired for my index was so constricting and reduced my want to play (I had the wireless mod for my Vive).
The quest is a downgrade in spec but a massive leap forward in usability.

I played Tea for God which, with a wireless headset, is absolutely mind blowing. Walking about my virtual space is so freeing.

Pistol whip blew my mind too. So John Wick, to music plus a fun campaign too.

Disappointed with Call of Duty. 1. Because it's so bloody huge as an install! 2. It's clever little set pieces but so far seems like a years old demo of something.

Just bought The Climb 2 but haven't tried it yet.

hello, fellow Questers :)

Back
Top Bottom