I wonder why us shopfloor workers weren't asked.

Underboss
My mate got bottled at work one night, another one had his knee dislocated. I've had to fight my way literally through more than one shift, I've had people threaten to come back and shoot me and then turn up waving a gun around, I've worked 18 hour shifts stood outside running around all day had a few hours sleep and done it all again.
And you know what it wasn't all that bad, I even miss it sometimes.
Please tell us again about someone saying something daft to you...

Steady on pal, this guy had customers who made mistakes...the horror.

/s

Soldato
How about asking the people that had to work everyday through the lockdowns if they like to see another lockdown :rolleyes:

Was great working all day while listening to the guy on the radio going on all the time how people can repaint there homes, do up the garden, Clear there loft , just sit and watch TV, Go for there 2 hour walks etc etc with all there free lockdown time while am struck at work
and then hearing how the taxes needed to raised to pay for these people sitting at home :(
Exactly. I didn’t even go out on the first few weeks of lockdown as I wanted my own space, watching DVDs, Netflix, listening to music and reading - pretending that’s there’s no pandemic.

Even my parents hand posted my prescriptions as collected them for me whilst collected theirs.

Soldato
nevermind people who have worked for years but then got used to lockdown/furlough when it started...
there must be some (many?) people who had just left school/college/graduated etc and were in their first job when the pandemic started and ended up on furlough for months on end...even now the majority of their experience 'at work' might be getting paid to stay at home! I dunno how furlough worked with new starts etc but would be easy to form a skewed view of working life if it did work out like that

Man of Honour
I was quite happy working through lockdown, it was nice and quiet if I needed to drive into the office and I'd have gone nuts just rattling around the house with the Mrs and little one who were both going a bit stir crazy while off school and on furlough.

Soldato
nevermind people who have worked for years but then got used to lockdown/furlough when it started...
there must be some (many?) people who had just left school/college/graduated etc and were in their first job when the pandemic started and ended up on furlough for months on end...even now the majority of their experience 'at work' might be getting paid to stay at home! I dunno how furlough worked with new starts etc but would be easy to form a skewed view of working life if it did work out like that
Friend’s niece done a course in hairdressing - completed in July 2019, got a job a month later. She only worked 7 months before furloughed. As she works in a hairdresser in a suburb of Leicester, they just reopened for a week, before the farce of Leicester lockdown which kept hairdressers, non essential retail closed for 5 weeks. Then opened 3 months - then Nov lockdown. Opened for 4 weeks - she and colleagues were working 8-8 5 days a week to cope with demand. Then closed from Christmas to mid April. So from Aug 2019 - April 2021, she worked 11 out of 20 months.

It really depressed her with the unknown when can she return to work. As to the farce of the Leicester lockdown, other cities weeks later, had higher cases per 100k like Blackburn and Bolton and they never had lockdowns. Which really annoyed Leicester folk.

Caporegime

Shopfloor as in workshop floor here, we have no days off for "lockdown" during all of this, any Christmas lock down would mean I'd still be in work just unable to shop or travel to see my partner.

Not that anything we do is essential to anything but companies and economics.

Caporegime
Well, yes, but then hindsight is 20:20.... At the time it was happening, the fear of losing your job was very real and uncertain.
Indeed just as it was for those of us not on furlough.

My industry is aviation.

That was secure during covid right?

Soldato
Indeed just as it was for those of us not on furlough.

My industry is aviation.

That was secure during covid right?

I do miss when you could just rock up to an airport and walk straight up to check-in, through security and there were maybe 100 people in the entire airport, including staff..
Now things are picking up again I do find peasants getting the in way rather annoying lol

Soldato
My mate got bottled at work one night, another one had his knee dislocated. I've had to fight my way literally through more than one shift, I've had people threaten to come back and shoot me and then turn up waving a gun around, I've worked 18 hour shifts stood outside running around all day had a few hours sleep and done it all again.
And you know what it wasn't all that bad, I even miss it sometimes.
Please tell us again about someone saying something daft to you...

lol, where do you live, Chicago?

Soldato
I’m lucky that all of the industries I have wor
I do miss when you could just rock up to an airport and walk straight up to check-in, through security and there were maybe 100 people in the entire airport, including staff..
Now things are picking up again I do find peasants getting the in way rather annoying lol
Hopefully - majority of countries want vaccinated people to visit only. Reckon those groups of 14 lads that make the most noises in airport, on plane and in bars in Benidorm are the type that are anti vaxxers too.

Associate
OP
Not really damn near everyone on furlough kept thier jobs because of furlough

D'youi think those on furlough asked for it? A few weeks or months offf as a state sanctioned holiday might sound tasty but it gets boring after a while and you want to go back to work. I've been furloughed twice and had no choice or say in the matter.
The first time I was glad of it and given two days notice and the second time, I only found out by a phone call from the boss telling me I was being put on furlough.

Associate
D'youi think those on furlough asked for it? A few weeks or months offf as a state sanctioned holiday might sound tasty but it gets boring after a while and you want to go back to work. I've been furloughed twice and had no choice or say in the matter.
The first time I was glad of it and given two days notice and the second time, I only found out by a phone call from the boss telling me I was being put on furlough.

What was stopping you getting a part time or temp job if you were that Bored ?

Back
Top Bottom