What watch do you wear?

Soldato
It's automatic.

It's the world's thinnest skeleton tourbillon... it was a while ago, but remember them telling me something special about the automatic design... they wanted to keep as much open space without the rotor obscuring the view.

So they designed this small piece:
2021-11-24-11-54-30.png

Then I imagine they had to refine the rest of the mechanism to compensate for the reduction in mass/torque behind the winder.

The details they've put into this are really rather special. It has a surprisingly long power reserve for its profile also.
Oh wow! I stand corrected @Wizardskills

Permabanned
Hublot next? ;)
No, I have taste... will never buy a Rolex either... nor Mille. Am only on the AP & Patek lists for resale, despite appreciating the technical standard of Patek.

One of my other favourites is my Ulysse Nardin:
foto-no-exif-2.jpg

My first tourbillon was a Montblanc.

Girard Perregaux have some gorgeous designs, as do Roger Dubuis... plus I like the simplicity of IWC.

Soldato
No, I have taste... will never buy a Rolex either... nor Mille. Am only on the AP & Patek lists for resale, despite appreciating the technical standard of Patek.

One of my other favourites is my Ulysse Nardin:
foto-no-exif-2.jpg

My first tourbillon was a Montblanc.

Girard Perregaux have some gorgeous designs, as do Roger Dubuis... plus I like the simplicity of IWC.
As technically impressive as I'm sure that is, I'm not sure I could actually tell the time on it :p

Soldato
Hi all,

Thinking of buying myself a new watch. Something on a leather strap as all of mine are on bracelets and this seems to be well regarded. Anything better for around the £350 mark?

Hamilton Men's Khaki Field 38mm Auto Black Dial Brown Strap
product36154-0-1791-cropped-jpg-thumb-FFFCFA-577x1000.jpg

Soldato
Hi all,

Thinking of buying myself a new watch. Something on a leather strap as all of mine are on bracelets and this seems to be well regarded. Anything better for around the £350 mark?

Hamilton Men's Khaki Field 38mm Auto Black Dial Brown Strap
Not going to say anything bad about the watch, I've got a hamilton and it's nice watch for the money but you know you could just buy yourself a leather/rubber/nato strap (along with the right tool) for your other watches.... assuming they're not integrated.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yup quick release leather strap from Watchgecko, loads of quality options at good prices. A good strap transforms a watch and often looks much nicer than a bracelet too.

Soldato
I have a Longines Ultronic gold plated watch with a tuning fork movement which I inherited from my grandfather, it was his retirement present and is 49 years old. I was thinking of sending it off to Longines to put a new battery in it and give it a service too, they pay for postage. The sentimental value is far higher than its monetary value, and I'm worried about it going missing in the post

Does anyone else send an expensive watch off to the manufacturer in the post? Is this a regularly done thing?

Soldato
I sent my late father's Omega off, Special Delivery. I was very concerned but I believe the numbers are in the region of more likely to be hit by a car etc...

Where are they based?

Soldato
I have a Longines Ultronic gold plated watch with a tuning fork movement which I inherited from my grandfather, it was his retirement present and is 49 years old. I was thinking of sending it off to Longines to put a new battery in it and give it a service too, they pay for postage. The sentimental value is far higher than its monetary value, and I'm worried about it going missing in the post

Does anyone else send an expensive watch off to the manufacturer in the post? Is this a regularly done thing?

They don't pay for postage. You pay for it as part of the cost they charge, they just arrange it. You could find out what service they use?

If you're concerned about the safety of what they offer, I suggest sending it yourself via Royal Mail Special Delivery. Could even include something like an Airtag in there which is what some sellers do now along with a stamped addressed envelope for the recipient to return to the sender (though that won't help you for your watch's return trip - I cannot imagine Longines agreeing to keeping your watch with your Airtag throughout its servicing for it to be returned to you with the watch).

Back
Top Bottom