UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd - 25th November 2021]

fez

fez

Caporegime
City have battered psg, and the frogs could have have at least 2 goals.

Not surprising when City are in this sort of form. PSG basically play with 8 men when they are defending. I think Messi has probably run about 2km in this game. If you think Ronaldo has been lazy you would love watching Messi today.

Caporegime
Decent second half after a dodgy first. Could've been 2 or 3-0 down at HT but dominated the second and didn't give Porto a look in. Thiago and Ox both had great games and Konate grew as the match went on. 15 points out of 15 :cool:

Don
A couple of chances for Porto aside, that was a very comfortable nights work for us. Stunning strike from Thiago and a really classy performance from him too. Best thing you could say about Morton is you didn't realise we had a kid playing as our holding midfielder in a CL game. He didn't look out of place at all.

I'm not complaining but who fixed Matip? We're over 3 months into the season, he's playing 2 games per week and hasn't picked up a single knock! I have to say I was surprised he started and even more surprised that he played the full 90 mins. Will Konate play the weekend or is Matip going to do 3 games in 8 days?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Didn't watch the game but sounded one sided. PSG missing Veratti, would have it made a difference - not so sure :)

PSG are literally playing with 7 outfield players for 90% of the time they don't have the ball. When they are missing vital midfield terriers like Veratti it is even more apparent. City were sublime last night but dear god did PSG make it easy for them. The gaps in the middle of the pitch were utterly astounding.

I don't think PSG will win the CL ever unless they get away from their galacticos model but there is no sign they want to do that. Any manager that comes in will have both hands tied behind their backs. PSG would struggle to up their game from the weekly games in the French league as it is but then asking them to beat the best teams in Europe with a front 3 who barely contribute at all defensively is asking too much.

Back
Top Bottom