*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...sign-is-leaving-dice-following-2042s-release/

I'm sure that timing was entirely coincidental regardles of the spiel in the email. :cry::cry::cry:

Guy basically looked like he was way out of his depth. His LinkedIn profile is pure BS as well. Lists himself as being Head of design at dice since September 2019. Leading projects Including BFV and Battlefront. BFV and Battlefront 2 were long released before he took over.

He basically has no experience of managing a AAA studio like DICE should be.

If there is one thing I hate more than shoddy releases of AAA franchises it is padded CV's on LinkedIn. :p

Caporegime
Guy basically looked like he was way out of his depth. His LinkedIn profile is pure BS as well. Lists himself as being Head of design at dice since September 2019. Leading projects Including BFV and Battlefront. BFV and Battlefront 2 were long released before he took over.

You do realise they continue to work on these games for a few years after they ship?

V F

V F

Soldato

If there is one thing I hate more than shoddy releases of AAA franchises it is padded CV's on LinkedIn. :p

LinkedIn reminds me of the same snobs that used University degrees as the be all end all. Big stroking egos that could jump start planets. Not saying everyone is like that but far too many really are.

Caporegime
This is 90% the AAA games industry, sadly. I've seen it first hand, people being given titles and roles, they have no real experience and are learning on the job, have no guidance and no doubt a little ego. The amount of nepotism is rife too, the pair go hand in hand.

This is pretty much everywhere my friend not just the games industry.

Associate
Probably already discussed but I gained 40 odd fps by installing an extra 16GB of memory.

9900K with a 3080ti 16GB C16 3200 was only giving me 80-90 fps. Swapped out with my other machine to 32GB 3600 C18 and now get 120-130 fps.

Game runs much smoother and I'll admit to actually engoying the last few rounds.

1440P btw

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably already discussed but I gained 40 odd fps by installing an extra 16GB of memory.

9900K with a 3080ti 16GB C16 3200 was only giving me 80-90 fps. Swapped out with my other machine to 32GB 3600 C18 and now get 120-130 fps.

Game runs much smoother and I'll admit to actually engoying the last few rounds.

Sounds like the 'ol BF4 and i7 fiasco. When BF4 was released it ran better on i7's until they fixed it. Interesting find, I haven't seen the extra RAM fixes it anywhere not that I really been looking as I I don't own the game. Would have thought people would have noticed high RAM usage or memory leak.

Associate
Sounds like the 'ol BF4 and i7 fiasco. When BF4 was released it ran better on i7's until they fixed it. Interesting find, I haven't seen the extra RAM fixes it anywhere not that I really been looking as I I don't own the game. Would have thought people would have noticed high RAM usage or memory leak.

Got to be some kind of memory leak. This game should not be using more than 16GB.

Associate
Perhaps not but I knew the day was coming where 16GB isn't going to cut it anymore.

there have been times when mine is pushing 16-20gb usage on intel with amd gcard, my friend amd 5900 and nvidia tends to be 1.5-2gb ahead of anything Iam using both playing at 1440p

on a different subject was playing vs the bots last night to level up a gun and learn how its attachments work and effect things and drew some weird conclusions

later on I logged back in and two of my friends where farming bots as a cool down before calling it a night and one of them connected the dots

weapon performance seems to be tied to mastery he was using the scar and played a couple of rounds taking it to mastery 2 but didnt add any attachments and it improved

this also explained how the ak had been improving all night for me taking down targets faster close up and at slightly longers ranges

I do wonder if this is anouther team work decision by dice to encourage new players to be involved closer to the action

Soldato
Any FPS increases with the latest patch?

I just swapped my CPU from a 8700k at 5g to a 12700kf at 5g and I'm getting another 20fps not sure if this is the patch or CPU though as I should be GPU limited.

I'm hitting over 14gb after a few rounds I think there's a leak but I'm also thinking it's time for 32gb

Back
Top Bottom