What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Venom - There Will Be Carnage - 5/10

I quite enjoyed the first Venom movie, it mostly worked and was a fun romp so with the inclusion of Carnage on this, I had high'ish hopes.

I was bored about 45 minutes in, it's only really worth watching for the schizophrenic back and forth between Eddie and Venom, Carnage is only there in name and appearance and bears virtually no resemblance to the comic incarnation. Stephen Graham clearly just starring to grab an easy pay check and his accent kept slipping back to scouse which was jarring.

If this is the best Andy Serkis can do as a director, i've no interest in anything he does next.

Truly awful film. Way worse than the first one (and that set a very low bar). Everything about it was sub-par. 3/10.

Soldato
Venom - There Will Be Carnage - 5/10

I quite enjoyed the first Venom movie, it mostly worked and was a fun romp so with the inclusion of Carnage on this, I had high'ish hopes.

I was bored about 45 minutes in, it's only really worth watching for the schizophrenic back and forth between Eddie and Venom, Carnage is only there in name and appearance and bears virtually no resemblance to the comic incarnation. Stephen Graham clearly just starring to grab an easy pay check and his accent kept slipping back to scouse which was jarring.

If this is the best Andy Serkis can do as a director, i've no interest in anything he does next.

Just watched this and I'd probably give it a 4/10.
I thought it was boring too and thought it was pretty poor screenplay. Also wasn't really that impressed with Hardy's or Harelspns performance.

Caporegime
Boiling Point 8/10

Film shot entirely in one take, a look at a busy high end restaurant. The format makes it surprisingly tense to watch.

I saw this a couple of nights back and also enjoyed it. I never knew what was going to happen next which kept it suspenseful throughout.

Soldato
Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings - 8½/10

Really enjoyed this. The fight scenes were almost 'too choreographed' but were excellent and quite different. Loved the bus scene. I'm not really sure why the friend is there, but there were some good comedic moments too. It was almost going on a bit long, but finished up just in time for my liking.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Truly awful film. Way worse than the first one (and that set a very low bar). Everything about it was sub-par. 3/10.

I thought it was just me. I wasn't a big fan of the first one but it was decent enough. Like a 6/10 perhaps. Second one just wasn't anywhere near as good. Same as the suicide squad sequel. Both of the sequels got much better reviews than the first ones for some reason.

Soldato
OP
Watched Spider-Man 1 and 2 back to back as not seen them in years.

I did not realise how fast/choppy the editing is of 1 for the first 45 mins or so until it slows down a bit. Still a very fine effort though and lots to like.

I still don't like 2 as much as a lot of people, whilst definitely a good film some slow parts and it also made me not like MJ as much (she leaves a guy at the altar for god sake lol) but upon rewatch many years later the second has a much more racially diverse side/extras cast that I didn't notice prior after watching it straight after number 1.

Yep, am gonna do 3 but I might wait a little longer :p

Associate
Last night in Soho. I thought this was going to be decent film to watch due to the trailer. Plot could have been less linear, ending was meh.

Soldato
OP
Watched Spider-Man 3 -.- pretty dang bad with very little to like. MJ comes off even worse and just way too much crammed in with terrible editing and strangely more noticeable CGI than the previous 2. Sandman had decent CGI and potential but just not enough screentime dedicated to him.

Caporegime
I watched the first two again, not going near spider-man 3 though. The second one was good but not as good as I remember it being, maybe superhero films have just come on a long way. It felt very...childish and the storyline with him forgetting how to use his powers felt really silly. Jameson was really the star in both films, hope he's just as good in the new one.

Soldato
Last night in Soho. I thought this was going to be decent film to watch due to the trailer. Plot could have been less linear, ending was meh.

After all the reviews and opinions I've read, I was expecting a decent film too. Massively disappointed. It just doesn't know what sort of film it wants to be. It certainly isn't scary. Bang average at best 5/10.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Venom let there be Carnage.
I was dissapointed with this movie. At least with the first one it was enjoyable. Movie should have been a little longer. 4/10

Bruised
It was ok. The fight scene at the end was way too long. Overall 5/10

Soldato
We went to watch King Richard, based on a true story of how Richard Williams coached two of his daughters to be Pro tennis players - Venus and Serena Williams.
We both very much enjoyed the film, Will Smith playing his role particularly well.
Perhaps even more enjoyable as the story was based on real events. The commitment and "focus" of Richard, along with his wife, was completely dedicated to the success of his daughters, but not at the cost of excluding other aspects of their development. Overall 9/10.

Back
Top Bottom