The English Channel

Soldato
The simple solution would be to turn the boats around back onto french soil however as soon as they're in the water they're almost certain to get picked up by the RNLI and ferried over to the UK and they know it. Last night the french equivalent stopped to offer help to a migrant boat whose engine was in trouble but they declined the offer and carried on regardless, its not clear if it was the same boat that later sunk.

The French govt of course, don't want them back on their soil its easier to shunt the problem on to someone else i.e. us.

But why don't they want to stay in France or any of the multitude of European countries they've travelled through to reach the coast ? why can't we just adopt those same things that make staying in France unattractive, if there's no incentive to come here, there won't a be a problem of idiots thinking they need to compete in the Darwin awards to get here

Soldato
But why don't they want to stay in France or any of the multitude of European countries they've travelled through to reach the coast ? why can't we just adopt those same things that make staying in France unattractive, if there's no incentive to come here, there won't a be a problem of idiots thinking they need to compete in the Darwin awards to get here
Speaks volumes of the merits of the eu even those escaping for their lives want brexit

Soldato

We can, it's called an equivalent Calais **** hole but located in Africa.

Soldato
This is the answer maybe not Africa I hear the South Sandwich Islands are nice

You don't want it so remote that they stay there though if we're going to be footing the bill. In Africa they will probably flee back to the EU and we can play the EU at their own game of turning a blind eye when they do that journey unless France want to pay us to police the African border of which we couldn't feasibly do, due to its expanse. ;)

Soldato
You don't want it so remote that they stay there though if we're going to be footing the bill. In Africa they will probably flee back to the EU and we can play the EU at their own game of turning a blind eye when they do that journey unless France want to pay us to police the African border of which we couldn't feasibly do, due to its expanse. ;)
True make it an endless game

Soldato
Both France and Germany take significantly
more asylum seekers per year than we do in the UK, some just want to come to the UK quite often for language reasons other times for family connections etc etc

Soldato
more asylum seekers per year than we do in the UK, some just want to come to the UK quite often for language reasons other times for family connections etc etc
And France and Germany are significantly bigger than the UK.

What's your point?

Caporegime
China and Russia should take all the asylum seekers they are well big...

is geographical area still the top reason to not accept refugees? :p looooooool

Or is it "we are full up" kinda argument?

I would argue that most of the illegal refugees are just **** people, from mostly **** cultures that are simply incompatible with the west and its values.

Most European countries already have an excess of ****, self entitled dole scroungers, clogging the arteries of progress. More car washes wont fix that.

The lengths that all these Arsenal and Manchester united fans are going to get to the UK to rape, blow themselves up and occasionally murder someone is astounding ... :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can you counter with an asylum seeker per land mass assessment? I'm keen to know!
European Countries by Population (2021) - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Well, we're already more densely populated then both Germany and France, and our population is growing faster than both of them.

How many more do we want to pack in, immigrant or native.

We also have a really, really bad housing crisis here, which isn't going to be helped by (as others have suggested) having unlimited immigration.

Soldato
Could have been avoided if France accepted responsibility for those on its territory and accepted them being returned. Morally they must know that is the right thing to do as that was what was happening pre Brexit. It's only because these people are succeeding to circumvent a loophole that more continue to follow. If they were all being deposited back to France they wouldn't have endless thousands of pounds to keep paying people traffickers.

Soldato
My view is not finishing the job is what's caused the issues. We go in to a place, we don't finish the job, we leave them under-resourced, and we allow their old ways to return.

Afghanistan case in point. Fix it, or nuke it.

I mean, we’re now advocating genocide? I think you need to have some time away from the internet.

Caporegime
I mean, we’re now advocating genocide? I think you need to have some time away from the internet.
That's normally @FoxEye 's domain and he'll get grumpy at me for pointing it out again but that doesn't make it any less true. There are some extreme positions being taken in this thread - most threads actually in GD - and it's saddening that it's become the norm.

Soldato
Boris with his stupid tweet diplomacy (mini Trump)- pretty obvious that suggesting that French should take back any illegal immigrants who arrive on our shores would cause consternation/EU kickback, unfortunately we have to bear some of the cost and responsibility.

( assylum seeker per landmass - what's that got to do with price of coffee - France takes 3x what we do with similar population - full stop.)

Caporegime
First step no free legal aid
No free interpreters
No free healthcare
No free accommodation
If no proof of citizenship is presented claim automatically denied

Every claimant should have to provide finger print/retina scan
No right to bring family members over

Every claim should only result in temporary status with the claimant to be deported at the end of the temporary stay

This would likely fix the issue.

Associate

Have you seen the problems they are having in France? In Germany there were mass attacks on women and it was not Germans doing it.

Back
Top Bottom