Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
I worry myself i have the game dialled in perfectly, absolutely totally happy with what i have aside from the PC sounding like a rocket ship. Updating the engine with Kunos at the helm, i'm worried, expectant vocal crowd that think DLSS will be the 2nd coming for VR, i'm worried.

The BMW looks like monster sauce though, look forward to giving it a go if the game still works.

Soldato
Not sure I can 100% notice the difference with FSR (Sim PC has a RX6800) on.

I did a quick half hour MP race at Spa in the Aston and on my current setup I was cooking the front tyres early doors. Car felt understeery and scrubbing the fronts I guess led to increase in temps. Average 2s slower so some work on changing my driving style - not that I have one :D

Soldato
Yeh tyre pressure changes are huge. You think you have good temps and then for some reason they will suddenly go berserk. Also had a weird issue on brands surtees where the car would just lock up completely i would lose all ffb and massively understeer. It was very unpredictable and not in a good way.

I hate to be a downer but I think this patch is going to put a whole bunch of people off playing...its basically like relearning everything again for weaker lap times. There isn't really a mechanism in place to get people to put the time in.

Associate
Would have but wasn't able to load the game on my new headset, instant UE4 crash. As I was just looking for something to test the G2 with I booted up AMS2 instead. Will probably wait until the weekend before I try and find out what is going on.

Soldato
Mmm should be ok, works on mine.

Yesterday was a bit of a cluster, periodic freezes, hard lockups. Performance is no different once disabling the OpenVR FSR hack and going with the native in game FSR. The only problem remaining for myself and a lot of others it seems is the FFB, or lack of. Deleted the json and started over, it worked again before taking it away again in the next race.

Not too sure on the colours, need to play around i think, the old pastel bland colours id gotten used to.

Soldato
No issues here for me with the G2.

Had to mess around with settings a bit to get back to where I wanted, I personally like the changes and I feel more connected to what the car is doing overall. FFB worked fine for the hour or two I played (wheel is a VRS DF pro) and seems more communicative - I especially like the subtle scrubbing of the front tyres as you push past the limit of grip.

I’m very much a crap driver and haven’t played for a while, but still beat my previous best by around 2s on Spa… go figure.

Soldato
AC VR was so good but I gave up tweaking settings trying to get my VR to work in ACC so I'm glad to hear the VR performance is better. I think I will have to give it a go this weekend and see what sort of framerate I can get in VR.

Well that, or keep my fingers crossed about tonight's euromillions so I can get a 3090 :D

Soldato
Finally got one of the do this to get your FFB back solutions to work. Simple as unplugging the wheel till the game has loaded, dropping a refresh in the control options screen.

Ditched the 2gb of customs, no more load in problems or freezes, all good to go. Things were a little tight taking the lambo to monza, i got it down to a flat 1.49 but it's certainly harder work. Those curbs suck you in now, tight around the first lesmo has to be spot on, errors around ascari will be punished. Rode home a podium, but i lost my edge going over through ascari, normally it's where i get the drop on people throwing it in fast and catching the apex of the 2nd turn with the car half over curb.

Liking the update in general, it's a level playing field for everybody. Even better is that performance and looks haven't dropped off, and my rig no longer spins up every fan it has.

Soldato
I've not "sim raced" for nearly five years, had a replacement for my dying/dead ~2006 Fanatec GT3 911 wheel for at least two years (G29), finally bought Competizione last night in Steam sale having had the original for years.

Hoping to get my racing mojo back, all I seem to play these days is Rocket League "Rumble!"

Associate
i'll give this a try. I've always wanted to get into sim racing, but never really been happy with the setup i've had. I recently got a G29, just need a better chair/seat.

Back
Top Bottom