Why do foreign football fans act like this?

Man of Honour
Always seem to be a minority, of any nationality, sadly who act like animals :( last game (UK national league) I went to was 5-6 who were constantly swearing at and shouting insults at the opposition players, wishing the opposition goalie who they were in the stands behind for the second half to die of cancer, etc. etc. and making a mental amount of noise banging on the walls and stamping. When one guy remonstrated with them as he was there with his kids they got abusive and in his face until a couple of big guys in the crowd man handled them to the back of the stands (only then did some of the stewards get involved).

A bit of going to a game to let off some steam is one thing but this was just ugly, unnecessary and toxic.

Last edited:
Soldato
My friend is a Leicester fan and was at their Europa League match last night and second half some of the away fans set of flares and riot police had to be used.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/trouble-flares-leicester-city-v-6263136

Bloody disgusting behaviour

Cant remember what country it was but I remember the final of a major competition not so long ago. Fans stormed the stadium without tickets and the match should have been called off. Disgusting behaviour from....oh.

Soldato
I think we have a bad rep from the past. Yes there have been incidents but we are by no means as bad as half of Europe. Some of the worst are right wing Nazi ffs.

Soldato
I think we have a bad rep from the past. Yes there have been incidents but we are by no means as bad as half of Europe. Some of the worst are right wing Nazi ffs.
Yea I get that but England fans literarily stormed the stadium at the Euro 2020 final. They also seem to smash up every city they go to. I recently remember them throwing bikes into rivers in Amsterdam for eg.

Glass houses and all that.

Soldato
He said

"British football fans"

Last check I checked my passport I believe it said British as well as 50% of the population of Northern Ireland

Any other smart comments?
I'd refer you to this that explains the difference between Britain and the UK https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain.

My passport says 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. Britain + NI = UK (more-or-less).

Soldato
I'd refer you to this that explains the difference between Britain and the UK https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain.

My passport says 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. Britain + NI = UK (more-or-less).

Flick to the back page, 3rd line down after your given name.

There is a section which says nationality.

You with me yet?

and besides looks past your hatred and you see the statement still stands. I don't see many Welsh or Scottish fans making headline news

Soldato
Flick to the back page, 3rd line down after your given name.

There is a section which says nationality.

You with me yet?

and besides looks past your hatred and you see the statement still stands. I don't see many Welsh or Scottish fans making headline news
Rangers and Celtic fans regularly make the news lmao.

Soldato
Rangers and Celtic fans regularly make the news lmao.
Is that abroad tho? or just the Derby!! I believe the Tartan Army have a good rep when traveling unless its heading South into England. Probably the same when N.Ireland and the republic have to play all sorts come out of the woodwork.

Soldato
Is that abroad tho? or just the Derby!! I believe the Tartan Army have a good rep when traveling unless its heading South into England. Probably the same when N.Ireland and the republic have to play all sorts come out of the woodwork.

I mean Rangers smashed Manchester to bits not that long ago. The problem is they aren't in Europe as often so the opportunities aren't there but they aren't saints.

Back
Top Bottom