Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
You'll probably go to buy one and the shop'll be shut :p
Unfortunately on the return leg it was also shut, go figure. Ended up with second prize:

I had gone for Clos Mogador wine but ended up with 2x Torres wines, some olive oil, chocolate, and 5 Victorinox pairing knives in obnoxious colours.

bfH2J8q.jpeg

And some of these things to balance on the sash windows and clean up after when they get knocked off.

0dK72J5.jpeg

Soldato
Yeah I'm looking forward to trying them out. Super inexpensive really.

Not pictured, I also got a bottle of Gin Mare 'Capri'? Will give that a go over Christmas.

Caporegime
So for you it's about convenience, which was already established as the only benefit. The pot method I showed needs no practice, you will get it right first time. Try it?

There are many reasons I don’t need to or want to. Besides that I have a rice cooker or that I have already done it, as illustrated when I said “I was taught…”, and as uncle roger says, WW2 is over! Plus what is the point of the exercise? To show that I can so to give away the rice cooker? Or that I can’t and I keep using it? I don’t see the point with either outcome.

it’s a bit like the brits looks as American and ask “why do you boil water with a stove top kettle?”

Caporegime
If you don't want a rice cooker, you don't cook enough rice. Strange all brits have a toaster but it's a much easier process to toast bread than it is to cook rice. I'm considering a Yum Asia Panda, as I cook rice 5+ times a week and would probably have more with a rice cooker.

Soldato
If you don't want a rice cooker, you don't cook enough rice. Strange all brits have a toaster but it's a much easier process to toast bread than it is to cook rice. I'm considering a Yum Asia Panda, as I cook rice 5+ times a week and would probably have more with a rice cooker.
There is no way in hell you can cook bread in a rice cooker

Caporegime
You have an insane number of posts in here. I think it's tiem that you accepted that you are just a hoarder of miscellaneous tat and don't try to justify your constant stream of purchases to anyone.

Embrace who you are :D

I don’t know why this conversation never happens with a SE Asian, probably because we grew up with rice cookers, it’s the norm, it’s not a luxury product, it is as common as a kettle. It’s probably the first appliance someone buys when moving into a home before a microwave. I could cook myself a meal with a rice cooker, no microwave. I remember when in my first year at uni, in halls you don’t trust everyone at the start so you don’t put the expensive stuff in the communal kitchen, I kept my (£20 Tefal) rice cooker in my room and cooked it in my room. You see the resistance here from people who are older, can you imagine the questions you get asked from a bunch of 18 year olds who can’t even boil an egg?

Back
Top Bottom